Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bahamas with EuroAce (Ace 350)

Just came back from Paradise Island. Spent few hours hunting the beach in front of Riu. No gold but, I'd say that on dry beach EuroAce performed very well. I found a fair bit of clad, plenty of junk and a nice 925 silver pendant with a red stone. It was good 8" down and maybe 4" aside from a piece of steel junk screw that was maybe 4" under the surface and Ace still picked it up very nicely and the pendant was what I dug before digging / checking out the junk. For most of you it may not be a big deal but, I'm still learning and I see that I'm slowly getting to know the Ace better and better. Few weeks ago, I'd miss that pendant entirely or, at least, dug the junk first.
I was hoping that I could use Ace in the shallow surf but it was a big disappointment. OK, I know, Garrett says that Ace is not recommended for salty water. For me, it performed very well in shallows of the Great Lakes so, I was hoping that it may be passable in salty water. No go. Regardless of sensitivity and / or discrimination settings, with every movement of the coil or water it rang like telemarketers on Saturday morning! Same thing on the wet sand on the very edge of the surf.
I wander; can Garrett AT Pro deal with it? How can it if it is basically the same technology?

Img_2012-08-03_13-25-46.JPG
Img_2012-08-03_13-25-58.JPG

Not bad, congrats.

Pretty good!

Yes the AT-Pro can handle the water and surf unless the black sand is really bad. Properly set up ground balance is the key.

Congrats on your finds and as for the AT PRO handling the salt water, I used mine in two different areas of the bay and one area it works great( full Sens no problem) in another area it struggles some( have to turn down the Sens to two and still chatters some) but I still can use it. Very hot on small gold and gold chains!
Congrats again on your finds:thumbup:
JOE in MD

Thanks guys. Still learning and, maybe, one day I will be half as good as I think I am today :)
I just changed (in my original post) the close-up pix of the pendant for a bit sharper one - I just noticed under a magnifying glass that the red stone is surrounded by some super small (stones?) flakes that look like crystal or something. Initially I thought that it was just reflection on polished silver. In any case, my wife and I just love it since it is our first "real find". OK, first was a wedding ring I found for a heart broken newed guy in the waters of Lake Huron but it wasn't a keeper since I located the owner even before I located the ring :) That pendant IS a keeper even if the sale would bring enough $ for new set of batteries!

Congrats, the 350 is a great machine, thanks to the DD it helps in these environments, HH tigerhank68