Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ball Fields

Flying Pig

On baseball/softball fields, they are part dirt and part grass. Would you more likely run across finds in the grassy areas or is it just random?

Go for the places people congregate, standing or sitting. I always check out where people are when I drive by my local fields during the sporting event. But, something could be dropped anywhere on the field.
Mike

On a played field I don't search, you don't want a child chasing a hot grounder, stepping on a soft spot and twisting thier ankle. Sidelines are your best with all the folding chairs and items falling out of pockets when they jump up to chear. many ball parks are old and much silver is found. Good luck.

Some suggestions
On an active site, I'm totally in agreement not to detect on an active field. Wait until the season is over or winter time. Take a look at the site. Where would you be sitting to watch the game? Shade trees available? Is there a concession stand or snack bar? Areas around restrooms? Bleachers? (Many things are displaced from pockets under and around bleachers) Players warm up areas? Parking lots? The foul ball territory on the 3rd base side and BEHIND the backstop are good areas to search. It seems the 3rd base coach is easily excited and tends to jump around quite a bit. (My observations only). When you start getting trash signals it is a pretty good indication you found where people congregate. Please review Metal Detectorists Code of Ethics. Go out have some fun. Good luck and Happy hunting

Always the same. Find the trash and you'll find the treasure. Just gotta try to figure out the difference and dig a lot.HH!

Thanks guys..!