Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bandido 2 Umax tone vsVaquero low tone

fematrailer

Can anyone tell me the difference in tone between the Bandido 2 Umax tone and the Vaquero low tone? Is it a higher tone on the Umax? Is the Vaquero low tone easier to hear if you're hearing isn't the greatest?

The Bandido tone is much higher than the regular Vaquero tone. Some people prefer the higher tones and some prefer a lower tone. My hearing is really bad ( I wear hearing aids) and the higher tone is easier for me to hear. That is why I bought a Vaquero with the high tone option. My Outlaw has a low tone, but I don't think it is as low as the regular Vaquero tone. It has kind of a mid tone. Also, to me the tones on the Bandido and Outlaw seem to be sharper and crisper than the Vaquero.

Thanks. Tesoro said I could send mine in and they will make it a high tone for $15. Just wondering if this is the best thing to do. Thanks

its almost your
only option... theyll
probably give the rig a quick
check also also before
they close it back up $$$$
well spent

I just bought bought it two weeks ago but I am going to have them check it out also. It couldn't hurt!

If you go on youtube and watch some videos of the high tone Vaquero, you can get an idea of what it sounds like. I like it better because of my hearing loss.

I'm going to get it changed to high tone. I'll probably send it in tomorrow and they'll have it back quick. Thanks all of y'all for your opinions.

I'd make sure that they said 15 not 50. The two words sound very similar.
If your correct that is a great deal.

Yep Alan told me $15. That covers their shipping back to me.

Bleaver said:
I'd make sure that they said 15 not 50. The two words sound very similar.
If your correct that is a great deal.

It's $15 for the registered owner, $50 otherwise.
They'll also check operation after doing the tone mod. I paid $50 to get one of mine converted to high-tone, but I wanted it checked over anyway. Bought that one used.

Going to get mine done soon.

Even the high tone vaquero and cibola mod isn't as high as the b2. But it's better than low tone haha

Personally, if it's a used rig like mine is (25th) anniversary, I plan on paying the full 50 no matter what and having it fully looked at. But that's just my opinion.
The vaquero and all the other GB machines don't have much to go wrong or to be set, but it's a way I can have the old coil that I had to redrill to make it fit the new lower rod haha. Had the smaller hole. I don't know of or see anything wrong but it puts my mind at ease to have it fully checked