Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bandido ii umax versus silver umax?

AZWIP

Howdy folks... Am mainly a park jewelry hunter... Of the 2 machines mentioned... Which one do you think would be deeper or more sensitive to the gold jewelry?

With the silver, I hunt in all metal... And switch to min disc.... Sounds the same... I dig it.

With the Bandido ii umax, I set the threshold, and ground balance... Then hunt in min disc.

To me, it seems the B2 is bit deeper.... Not sure though.

Also... Using the CSC.... Have run that coil on both... With sensitivity set to practically max.... Again.... Feels like the b2 is, again a bit deeper.... Does that make sense to y'all?

One school of thought is that hunting in all metal with the silver umax... It 'should' be deeper than hunting in min disc with b2?

But, I have heard that it makes more sense that the b2 be deeper due to gb? Also when I do hunt with the b2...in min disc, I usually will max the threshold.

Thoughts appreciated. Thanks!

What do y'all think?

I think on average it would be a safe bet (same size coils) that the BII would be a bit deeper. As the ground mineralization rises, I would expect the BII if properly ground balanced to definitley be deeper and still operate in ground the Silver couldn't handle well. This would most likely be even more noticable as the coil size increases.

BB

Thanks BB, I appreciate the info. The good news is that they both seem to run pretty clean with that coil.

Again, appreciate the info, and Happy Hunting!

Ron

The bandido umax will be more sensitive to jewelry at a greater depth then the silver umax due to the fact that I doubt you have perfect unmineralised ground. You need to set your ground balance slightly positive on the bandido 2 umax.

I like both of them a lot. :)

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?17,1724743,1724747

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?17,1776850,1776874

tabman