Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bandido or Silver Sabre which one to keep?

flysar

I've owned many Tesoro's and for a while they were a primary detector for me. I now use an Equinox & Deus as my primary units & pull out 1 of 3 Tesoro's (other being Vaquero) for total lots or grandkids to use.
They mostly sit so I'd like to sell one.
Bandido - GB is nice in my tough soil but since I'm using it as a shallow coin/jewelry unit it kind of negates that need. But I did have a Mojave that was unusable in one area but the Bandido was nice & quiet.
Silver Sabre - hold down pinpoint for all metal search & release for disc mode.
Is the disc pot the same for both?
IMG_20211115_063334.jpg

I've owned many Tesoro's and for a while they were a primary detector for me. I now use an Equinox & Deus as my primary units & pull out 1 of 3 Tesoro's (other being Vaquero) for total lots or grandkids to use.
They mostly sit so I'd like to sell one.
Bandido - GB is nice in my tough soil but since I'm using it as a shallow coin/jewelry unit it kind of negates that need. But I did have a Mojave that was unusable in one area but the Bandido was nice & quiet.
Silver Sabre - hold down pinpoint for all metal search & release for disc mode.
Is the disc pot the same for both?
View attachment 20833

Del----Of those two, I'd keep the Bandito.----I still got that dirt spread out in my back yard that you gave me---whew---tuff stuff!-------Keep the Bandito with its g.b.----------"The other Del" :)

Of the two models shown, I'd keep the Silver Sabre microMAX. The other is NOT the Bandido II microMAX so it lacks the external Threshold control, and doesn't have the Low-Noise / High-Gain circuitry. It is the wimpiest of the four Bandido models.

Monte

Keep the Silver Sabre microMAX!

Keep the Silver Sabre microMAX!
Yep!👍 I have one that stays in my vehicle full time for any opportunity that I chance upon. Always ready with a 6" Concentricc coil for Tot-Lots, sidewalk repair or any opportunity I chance upon.

Monte

The used Tesoros that I see for sale are selling at retail and higher. And, there are very few for sale these days.

The Bandido Micro Max is the first metal detector that spoiled me because of it's small light-weight housing. I wish Tesoro would have at least designed an external trimmer so one could have easily adjusted the threshold level to their liking. Back then I use to change coils a lot and remember having to open up the control box to adjust threshold. In the "Sea of Ferrous" (an old WW1 dump site) it did a pretty good job at picking non-ferrous targets out of the loads of iron because of the fast recovery speed and using small coils. My hunting buddy back then used a Fisher and he would get me on depth in cleaner areas but I got him back when hunting trashy areas :>) Never have used the Silver Sabre Micro Max but have always heard good reports on it.

There can only be one woman in the kitchen. But those two are a couple of Beauties to choose from. It's like that old song. " He's a old Hippie, should he hang onto the old, or grab onto the new ?"

The Silver Sabre Micro Max has a cult following. Simple, effective, typical Tesoro depth. My other favorite was the Eldorado in the Micro Max housing.

Thanks for all the input. I think I like prefer the tone on the Silver Sabre a little more as well.
Fly, were you able to locate a Vaquero? I’m still trying to locate a Bandido 2 microMax, Vaquero, a Mojave or a combination.

I love my 3 Tesoro models. Silver umax, Tiger Shark, and my 10.00 yard sale Conquistador umax. I've had several "fancy" machines, but I'm simple, and like simple things. Lol

I love my 3 Tesoro models. Silver umax, Tiger Shark, and my 10.00 yard sale Conquistador umax. I've had several "fancy" machines, but I'm simple, and like simple things. Lol
Three months from now, early March, I will wrap up 57 years of detecting. I didn't have a Conquistador, but I did handle one to do some comparisons. I was mainly using smaller-size detectors than those huge box White's. In the summer of '69 the White's GhostTowner BFO was definitely smaller and lighter, and in '71 I continued to use smaller-size or better-balanced detectors. While that started to be a trend, it was the Tesoro detectors from the summer of '83 on that set standard for smaller and light-weight and balanced well. The µMAX (microMAX) series really have been appreciated.

Monte