Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Bandido went Gonzo!!!!!!

took out a original Bandido and it went gonzo. it will start beeping nonstop rapid fire. changed coils changed locations tested at home, still does it. you can acquire a big target and it will stop, then the minute the swing starts again it goes gonzo. i can go all metal and it will do it, and retune it will do it. the batteries sound off long when it turns on, so they should be good.. should be..

any suggestions??

I"ve had similar results due to dying battery.
BB

took a battery connector off and the positive post of the battery came out with it! saw the green in the battery where it broke. identical bought put in same time and one still strong but other was defective. both in the trash now, generic brand friend put in. i soldered new connectors to make sure of corrosion damage and away we go!!!! this is a strong. old machine. thanks guys. i have had good luck with store brand batteries, especially the radio shacks. this was dollar store brands- alkaline the owner put in and he has had great success with them. this was the first incident. made in you know where... rest my case............

thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The original Bandido is a heck of a machine, runs extremely well in the iron nails, glad you got it fixed.

It is my go to machine at my old abandoned house sites where I can dig with a shovel and can retrieve every non-ferrous target because I run minimum disc.

They are fairly light too at about 3

Back 24 years ago when the original Bandido was introduced, it quickly became my primary-use detector for ghost towns, homesteads, other rural old sites and urban renovation. I kept a 7" Concentric coil mounted full-time and it was great in the iron trash. As Hombre mentioned, with the Disc. at the minimum setting it was enough to knock out iron nails and pluck keepers in the worst scenarios back then. Can do a downright fine job today, too. :detecting:

One little note about the Bandido [size=small](as well as the Bandido II and Silver Sabre II and a few others)[/size] regarding battery power. I urge anyone to use a pair of quality alkaline batteries in them, and always keep some back-up batteries with you when you travel and plan to hunt a good deal where a store isn't handy. Here's the little note that might help in a pinch.

I was out hunting my all-time favorite, and very productive, ghost town when my batteries finally died. I sensed they were getting weak and was working my way back to my vehicle to replace them only to find my son and I had loaded the rig up and one of us [size=small](I'll claim innocence)[/size] forgot to grab the lunch sack with extra batteries. The closest town with batteries at the Flying J truck stop was about a 40-45 minute drive. Fortunately, my young son had a hand-held gaming device that took one (1) 9-Volt battery.

That saved the day as it was a hardly used alkaline and I borrowed it to finish out my day of detecting. The Bandido, and most of the other models Tesoro put out that use 2 9-V batteries have them in parallel. The two batteries help provide longer run time. You can use a single full-charge 9-Volt battery and the Bandido will work okay. It won't have a long run-time, but in a pinch, as I was that hot summer day, a single 9-V was all it took to keep my Bandido working and, more important, finding good stuff for me. :clapping:

Monte

@Monte,that is a very good tip regarding being able to run a Silver Sabre 11 to run on one battery in a emergency,roughly how long did yours last with just one battery ???

thanks folks. thats good to know about parralell hookup and good to see the old boys still in use. still sick i sold my Eldorado orginal. the Bandido seems to work maybe a little deeper and certainly more wrist friendly. i hate hipmounts hard enough to keep the old pants up without suspenders that are on the to get list now lol!!:rolleyes:

I've had a time or two when the replacement battery was bummer, also. Always double check both the old and new battery(s) before you decide the problem is deeper.
BB