Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Banning of metal detecting

So when Mr potato head and his Administration say's there's no more private property, I'm guessing i can go anywhere to detect then. :unsure:

We have the Snake River nearby where I live and for a very long time the frats and sororitys have their early fall and just before graduation beach parties along the sandy beaches. Army Corp of Engineers has banned any digging on the beaches and offers no plausible explanation as to why. Would love to see some strapping big hulk of a dude yell at some small kid who just filled is bucket with sand.
They want it all for themselves. Greedy bastards
Had a sheriff like that around here.
I'd get permission on a bank repo.
And he would come in the middle of the night to hawk the property. Tried to complain.
Said there in sheriff auction and it's good he's cking the property at night. Auuggghhhhhhh

This! I'm a witness to my plugs being removed over night by an unknown critter (guessing groundhog or skunk) at a property I was detecting over a couple weeks' time.
Not sure why they do it, but it does happen.
Euthanize em. Put em in the hole.
Just a few nights an all is well. 😁

I see a lot of videos, people with shovels in parks, sports fields, an even tot lots. That could be one reason.
I agree totally but the problem is the idiots that make a real mess , i have seen one foot wide giant plugs cut to recover targets at 3 or 4 inches. I came across one guy on a footpath
who was dressed in full camo and wearing a brimmed cowboy hat who had cratered holes for half a mile down the footpath. all refills a messy pile of dirt half heartedly refilled craters.
for every pro detectorist who does neat refills there are 9 amateur "gold diggers." Also for every honest detectorist here in Uk there are 3 Night Hawkers .

I agree totally but the problem is the idiots that make a real mess , i have seen one foot wide giant plugs cut to recover targets at 3 or 4 inches. I came across one guy on a footpath
who was dressed in full camo and wearing a brimmed cowboy hat who had cratered holes for half a mile down the footpath. all refills a messy pile of dirt half heartedly refilled craters.
for every pro detectorist who does neat refills there are 9 amateur "gold diggers." Also for every honest detectorist here in Uk there are 3 Night Hawkers .
He should of been in one of those holes.
We go thru a lot of pain at our young age to properly fill our holes.
I'd of Called an oll buddy osifer to help bury him in lottsa red tape. Or just a #2 spade. 🤗