Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Barber dime...first half cent.

jjaddict

Got up early this morning and hit up a park that I don't hunt very often. I decided that I wasn't going to leave until I scored silver. Four hours and six and a half wheaties later I scored my first Explorer Barber. Thought I had scored my first 1800's silver until I gave it a little rinse. Only my fifth Barber to date, hopefully that number will grow exponentially as I learn my machine. HH!

WTG Adam on the Barber. :clapping:
Keep with it and you will get better and better at really knowing that XSII.
Been hunting with the XS since 2000 (using a XSII now along with SEP at times) so, if you need any pointers or help shoot me a PM.

Congrats again on the Barber :clap:

Nice Barber ! :clap: I only managed a handful of wheats this weekend ..

Thats a good one...half cent had me going...looks like a grasscutter experience....As far as silver coins don't think anything better for sniffing them out...

Had my XS out yesterday at a beat area for an hour or so and only had 2 good hits a 68 deep roosie and yes an 8 inch 42 merc. They can come out with all the new units they want but until this 12 year old beauty dies why fix what ain't broke....

I know its a fine line but once you understand the cursor movements you can eliminate those blasted wheaties as digging 8 inches or so in hard ground could be better spent in cruising for a silver...Again its a fine line and masking, position of the coin and various variables can cost you a nice silver that appears to be a wheatie so always
darned if you do and darned if you don't....

Nice find with the Barber Adam - the harder you work, the luckier you get! lol on the half cent!
Bruce

WTG on your first barber.

Congrats on the barber bud. Good luck on your next hunt.

SWEEEEET!!!!
Where theres 1 theres more.....:detecting: