Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Barber Silver 1897, with the V3i. Live Dig!

msareborn

I've been playing with the "Magic" program on the V3i, and I cranked the gain up to 9 today and started finding old coins deep, in an area I've hit before. Everything was 6-9" deep. I found 7 wheats, 1x 1923 buffalo, a 1896 Indian head penny, a silver Shriners pin, a gold plated cuff link, and lots of misc. Here's the link of the Barber dime I dug, on my youtube page video. Go get you some! Be sure to watch it in HD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n1htxLrBzY

Howdy msareborn--

That's a very nice Barber dime. Congratulations on that and your other finds! Magic's program is a good one. You will get more deep targets at that site. I liked your video too - short and to the point. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Hibby;
I found this program on this forum a while back, and read that it was a modified hipro program. I tried to load it but I got lost and never finished it. But I tried it the other day and have had two incredible hunts, since. Both hunts were in a hunted out park in areas I was in before. They produced a total of 4 silver, two buffalo nickels, 9 wheats, and misc. jewelry and trash. I was able to crank the rx gain up to new levels I never dreamed of. I will mention that I just received my V3i back from Whites with a new D2 coil and tuneup.

Here's the program I tried to load.
here is the program I ran and it's a BEAST on the V3i....

It basically supercharges the V3i to go DEEP but with a slow sweep speed. You WILL pick out silver and coins in the iron and garbage, no matter hoe hunted out the site is. I just hit a park that has been hunted out for the last 30 years+! I am still stoked at my finds!

I am not sure if the program runs HOT on my machine or if it just works that good in the western PA soil(?) You WILL dig a plug and then have to dig a hole deeper in the plug!

I have added a pic of the Merc I found an the crap that was in the hole and plug... the V3i picked the Merc out of the garbage perfectly!

Don't use it IF:
#1 you rely 100% on VDI to dig... it will be off!
#2 you're pinpointing will be bad.... because of the DEPTH and losses on it!
#3 you hate a 'chatty' program. I you have an AT Pro and LOVE the Pro-Mode, Iron Audio=ON... you will love this!
#4 you have a fast sweep speed and can't slow down

Use this program IF:
#1 you want to cherry-pick coins out of an iron infested site
#2 you want to hit silver hidden in iron/trash in places hunted out
#3 you can swing SLOW... and pick out the high tones
#4 you want to dig DEEP! As in 10"+ !!!

HERE IT IS:................................

Rx gain 10 to start and adjust from there
Tx boost off
Disc. 88-93
All metal 70

DISCRIMINATION
Bottle cap reject off
Hot rock off
Reject -95 to -89
Accept -88 to +94
Reject +95
(if your ground phases into the -80s you will want to reject down into the -80 range.)

TONES
I set these tones to my liking and you may want to put in your own. I use higher tones for good targets that I look for. (Example...51 to 54 is Indian penny range so it gets a higher tone) I use the 5 tone on the iron range to tell where the iron is and it sounds like a ticking sound. Some people like this while others don't. I like to know whats in the ground. The more info the better for me!)

-95 to -6 5
-5 to -1 50
0 to +9 150
+10 to +12 165
+13 to +17 175
+18 to +22 225
+23 to +29 175
+30 to +39 190
+40 to +49 200
+50 210
+51 to +54 225
+55 to +59 210
+60 to +67 220
+68 to +89 250
+90 to +94 255

I use three frequency in Best data
I use lock trac with a offset of +1 and ground balance every 20 minutes or so
(Watch the arrows while ground balancing and wait until they start to switch back and forth left to right before releasing.)

5 band filter. (Adjust for your ground)
Recovery speed. 50 to 100 range
( I usually hunt at 65 until I know the area, If its trashy I go to 50, if moderate I hunt at 60 to 75, and for no trash and deep I go to 80 to 100. On some rare occasions I have hunt at 120 with good results in a almost no target type field.)

I use intensity base threshold of 70
Fade rate at 4
(These are just personal preference and do not effect depth)
TIPS
...make sure you have 'TONES' turned on............
...make sure you ground balance OUT of the iron and trash you are in (every 20 minutes or so)
...make sure you dig a hole inside of your plug (you will dig deep!)