Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Barbers

supertraq

Is it just my bad luck but I can find seated and mercs but never find Barbers at all,noticed not to many posted either.
Seems like older coins show up more than Barbers?

supertraq said:
Is it just my bad luck but I can find seated and mercs but never find Barbers at all,noticed not to many posted either.

I have been detecting for 23 years now and have yet to find a single barber quarter.I found numerous barber dimes barber halves,seated coins in all denominations countless large cents,colonials,standing liberties,mercs even 2 rare 1787 fugios but still not 1 barber quarter.Its definitely on my bucket list as is still eludes me.

They haven't eluded me. I found 5 in one hunt.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?91,1877071,1877071#msg-1877071

Finding seateds instead of barbers isnt really a bad problem to have ..lol.. ive never found a barber quarter either ..i do have 1 seated quarter and have been blessed with 2bust dimes and many large cents... then again ive only ever found 1 standing liberty quarter ...

DetectorCollector said:
supertraq said:

I have been detecting for 23 years now and have yet to find a single barber quarter.I found numerous barber dimes barber halves,seated coins in all denominations countless large cents,colonials,standing liberties,mercs even 2 rare 1787 fugios but still not 1 barber quarter.Its definitely on my bucket list as is still eludes me.

That's something alot newbee's don't understand when they go out with there Etrac and find a nice Barber Quarter first time out is you don't find these all the time.
After a week or so they are complaining they haven't found another one. If it wasn't for the awesome tech of a Detector like a Etrac they wouldn't have found it in the first place as it takes a lot of skill out of the equation. It took Me a year to find a Barber Quarter and 2 years to get my first Seated. This hobby isn't as easy as the clowns on the Detecting shows make it look!

Harold said:
DetectorCollector said:
supertraq said:

That's something alot newbee's don't understand when they go out with there Etrac and find a nice Barber Quarter first time out is you don't find these all the time.
After a week or so they are complaining they haven't found another one. If it wasn't for the awesome tech of a Detector like a Etrac they wouldn't have found it in the first place as it takes a lot of skill out of the equation. It took Me a year to find a Barber Quarter and 2 years to get my first Seated. This hobby isn't as easy as the clowns on the Detecting shows make it look!

I know I will find one someday.If its one thing we all know(or should know) in this hobby its Patience,Patience,Patience!!

People like you deserve it as you paid your due's and have a passion. Where most get in it nowaday's for greed or just something to do while there not at the club playin golf. That's why they dig up parks with shovels as they could care less as just a Silver count game to them not a passion! We have lost many a site to these Jerk's!

Harold said:
People like you deserve it as you paid your due's and have a passion. Where most get in it nowaday's for greed or just something to do while there not at the club playin golf. That's why they dig up parks with shovels as they could care less as just a Silver count game to them not a passion! We have lost many a site to these Jerk's!

I can't tell you Harold how many public places in my area have banned metal detecting due to all the ignorant people destroying this wonderful hobby to satisfy their own greed.The countless times I've had to fill in holes the size of man hole covers in public parks is endless.Their are still a few public places I'm allowed to hunt due to the fact of me cleaning up other peoples messes but they are few and far between now.If we could all just join together and follow the code of ethics I'm sure our public places would welcome us back.But like you said Harold its the idiots who have no regard for their thoughtless acts that are destroying this great hobby.It takes no more time to dig a proper plug and fill it as it does to be reckless and careless.If us true followers of the hobby were in it to get rich we would have given it up a long time ago.All we can do is to try and teach the newbies the do's and don'ts the best we can to try and preserve whats left.I'd like to thank you for the kind words Harold as I feel your passion as well.Stay safe out there and Happy hunting!

It's a habit so much so that even deep in the woods I fill in my holes and stomp'em tight.
Besides I don't want to trip in my on hole.:stars:

I to have more Seated coins then Barber's. I also have way more Merc's than Rosies. Never understood why.

Yea me to on mercs.Its like buffs are a rarity for me to,I can find more war nickles than buffs even though war nickles made for a few yrs.

We have 3 schools that were built in 1957 and I found more mercs than rosies in all of them.

lol is strange how things work out. I only hunt old ghost towns and old sites. Have found seated coins, Barber coins, a Morgan dollar and mercs, IH ,V and shield nickels etc. But to this day i have never found a silver rosie.

Two of my earliest silver finds were Barbers. Found a barber Quarter 1906 at a boat landing on a local river. It was less than two inches down laying on a inch thick layer of clay. The dime a 1911 came from the home where my mother and father in law lived.

I have also wondered why I find more mercs than rosies. Could it be that there was more years when Mercs were still in circulation giving people more time to lose them.

I have had good luck and success finding Barber quarters here is a few of ones I have dug over the years one last page I left out. There are still some coins that I have yet to dig

History of the site seems to play a large roll in what comes out of the ground, my two brothers and myself have all found barber quarters and standing liberty in this one old local park plus some liberty walking 1/2 dollars and this has been recently. Other places we try we rarely find anything like this.