Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Barefootin'! :detecting:

mudpuppy

Finally, the Big Lake warmed up to 52 degrees so a fellow can hunt semi-comfortably barefoot and leave the waders behind!:clapping:
Big onshore wind for a few days, heavy surf, wind dropped off and came out of the East late last night, nice and flat this am...took the Pro and hit the black sand slope at dawn...

Covered a few miles down and back, running ProZero mode, Iron off, disc at 40, sens 2 clicks down...Big lake tossed up all these coins and I got them all in a 2hr hunt. Notable finds were the dollar coin and that rusty Canadian Q at the top of the Q stack...nice to see green copper pennies and a proportionate haul O Nickels...wondering about gold rings?...I dont think they get tossed up by the waves, or I woulda surely found one by now?

They must be out in the water in the trough?...They must hit and stick and dig in? I have found big gold chains hunting the slope and riffle though, so thats where I stay on such a long stretch..would take a guy all day to hunt the deep water for rings, and the sand slumps in fast when the wind drops, maybe a 4hr window to work it.....pretty easy hunting the slope and riffle without waders, just cruising along at a comfortable pace down and back..nice productive morning actually...this Big Lake sure spits up a lot of coins!...been hunting this same stretch for years, so it was a pretty good morning all in all...:thumbup:.
Mud

nice results from dedicated persistence, Mud!!
What is the strange double finger ring below the pennies? Is that some new thing the Gothic kids are doing, tying two fingers together??
HH Ed in co.

Hey....there was a song out some years back called "Bare Foot'n".....:nopity::jump: That's the first thing I thought of when I opened your post. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVupNYiqCWQ

Good fer ya Mud, nice to see. My spots giving up a all-time low. Just when I hit bottom, it gets worse!