Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Barracuda PI repair HELP!!:stretcher:

Fjdigon

I noticed that a resistor (R36 on the pcb) in my Anchor Electronics Barracuda PI is burnt and around the resistor the board is discolored. Does anyone know someone that could repair this for me. 1) change the resistor and 2) find out the cause of the problem. Any information will help me. This is a great machine.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't be so sure that it's burnt--the flux that's use on PCB boards is brown.
cjc

I am in Tallahassee Florida. The resistor looks like it exploded
Thank you

Fjdigon said:
I noticed that a resistor (R36 on the pcb) in my Anchor Electronics Barracuda PI is burnt and around the resistor the board is discolored. Does anyone know someone that could repair this for me. 1) change the resistor and 2) find out the cause of the problem. Any information will help me. This is a great machine.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!
If burned transistor R36 = 33 ohms, then it is possible that the burnt and diode D7 = 4148... What were you doing at the Barracuda? Put a stronger speaker...?

I recently bought the unit and i noticed that the resistor was burnt. The unit came with
Seawolf headphones, i did notice that the headphone is really loud compared to my other barracuda unit. By any chance do you have the schematics?
Thank you
Frank

Will PM you the link at Geotech that should be of help.