Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Basic Ear Training For Excalibur

Electro

I have finished Basic Ear Training for Excalibur. This CD will allow Excalibur users to ear train and gain signal recognition experience by listening to the CD. I have it broken down into 4 sections:

1. Housekeeping Items: Terms and definitions
2. Signal Review: What to listen for
3. Training Runs: Practice in signal recognition
4. Six Minute Beach Hunting Review Module

I will post further updates as the CD becomes available

I guess we all have different tone recognition but after a while with time in the water and beaches should know what you have at least ballpark. Imagine a training CD would help but time in the field is where its at digging all to get a feel for the tones...

Dan-Pa. said:
I guess we all have different tone recognition but after a while with time in the water and beaches should know what you have at least ballpark. Imagine a training CD would help but time in the field is where its at digging all to get a feel for the tones...

Hi Dan.....I am in complete agreement with you about experience being the best teacher. Several years ago I had a phone conversation with Mr. Bill Crabtree. He has always been very good about being available and answering technical questions. He told me that one of the best hunters he knew used a very old detector. He went on to say (I am paraphrasing) that the reason this guy was so good was that he knew the signals inside out and backwards because he had so much experience with his machine.

This got me thinking....with my background in music and having a recording studio I decided to record the signal palette for my beloved Excalibur. I did a predecessor to what I now have as the "beach hunting review module". I would listen to it driving on the way to a hunt and I found that it sharpened my ability to call targets accurately. My goal was to dramatically increase my signal listening experience beyond that of my actual live hunt time. Thus the BETFE CD is a resource for individuals who are new to hunting with Excal or for those who do not get out often enough to build their signal recognition. As for individuals who have been using Excal for years...quite frankly they just won't need the CD....Unless they plain "just want one".

Hey Electro
send me one ! i am good for one !

Thanks for the questions and interest in the CD. I have a sample clip from the CD you can listen to on my myspace site.
It is:

myspace.com/BETFE

Learning tones is always food but if you are hunting the Excal in the water and start to get selective you WILL leave some good targets behind. Can slaw of various sizes, old, new and rusted bottle caps, shallow or deep all sound different. Bottom line-in the water dig them all

erikk said:
Learning tones is always food but if you are hunting the Excal in the water and start to get selective you WILL leave some good targets behind. Can slaw of various sizes, old, new and rusted bottle caps, shallow or deep all sound different. Bottom line-in the water dig them all

Here you go:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=432703341&albumID=429596&imageID=1812390

Yes Sr. WHERE the we order this CD????

hunter 18 said:
Yes Sr. WHERE the we order this CD????

I will be meeting with one of the forum sponsors tomorrow to discuss their interest in selling the CD. It will be available the first week in January. I will post updates here and at myspace.com/betfe. I have a FAQ posted there as well.

I couldn't get the sample to go very far. Keeps cutting off when you are talking about hearing damage. I tried. Do you have the Excal or the Excal II? Live in the Panhandle between Pensacola and FT Walton Beach. Don't hunt as often as I could so could see a possible need. How much is it going to go for?

Excal1 said:
I couldn't get the sample to go very far. Keeps cutting off when you are talking about hearing damage. I tried. Do you have the Excal or the Excal II? Live in the Panhandle between Pensacola and FT Walton Beach. Don't hunt as often as I could so could see a possible need. How much is it going to go for?

I have both the Excal and Excal II as well as the GT. Originally I had comparisons of the signals from all three detectors and even samples with different headphones. But I ended up with over 2 hours of audio. So I had to edit it back to under 70 minutes for the CD.

The music player on myspace should load....but it could be choppy if you are using an aircard or a slower connection. The CD is currently being reviewed by one of this forum's sponsors. I will be touching base with them again this Monday to firm up the details. I also sent an advanced copy to an Ace Excal Hunter and he gave it a thumbs up.

You can keep an eye on the myspace site but it will be announced here as well as soon as I have the final details ironed out.

Thanks for your interest!

(I just tried to listen to the clip myself and I have a cable connection...it was choppy. I believe it occurs when myspace is maxed with lots of people logged on at the same time)

I also made a Cd.But don't make Popcorn.It says" Dig Everything"...............................stoneshirt.