Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

BASIC STUFF

I swing right handed and dig left. I never let go of my detector and worst case I let it hang by my arm cuff from my swinging arm while I put a second hand on the scoop. I usually dig one handed though. I kind of treat the detector and scoop like I do travel on a boat. Keep a hand on it at all times.It will run away in the surf (or current) if you let go of it. I live in an area with pretty placid water though, so there are also a lot of other detectorists that put lanyards on their equipment so they can let go of them. Just make sure if you do this you have a quick release (or 2 to be safe) that will free you up if you become entangled in your own gear. I do wear my detector hip mounted so if I let go of the rod it's still attached to my belt, but my belt has a quick release should the need arise.

with strap

u have to replace that piece of black plastic crap with new alum. or S/S arm cup.

some of which come with straps and velcro, some do not, then u make your own.

f y i only
newalumcuff.jpg

ARMCUP.jpg

SURFREADY.jpg