Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Batman

hotrodzincoln

After nearly three weeks of snow and/or sub-zero temperatures I've been going batty with cabin fever. Today a nice thaw started so I headed to a nearby park to try my luck where there were unfrozen patches. The bat was an eyeball find that blended in with the leaves and acacia tree seed pods.

I found two pieces of molten metal which I tested for gold and silver. The gold colored piece is not gold but the other one is .500 silver. Under a tree I found a nice silver and turquoise necklace. The grass roots had grown into the chain so much that I had to take a small divot with me to avoid damaging the necklace. I fixed the turf so that no one could tell there was any disturbance (I used to work in turf management). The center turquoise was broken, probably by being stepped on, not by a mower. I have some turquoise cabochons that I inherited from my dad so I'll see if one those will fit. Otherwise, I'll buy one. My wife immediately laid claim to the necklace as she really likes Southwestern style jewelry. Other than these items I found a junk ring. It was a great way to start the 2015 metal detecting year.

Glad you were able to get out swinging and a nice productive outing. Nice necklace! HH jim tn

Thanks. Hope your weather allows you to do some relic hunting or coin shooting.