Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Batteries for White's Dual Field

Finderskeeper

Not sure where to post this so I will be posting on this plus the White's User forum on this site and on the PI technology forum.

There has been a few postings about batteries for the White's Dual Field PI. I do not want to use Lithium Ion batteries as they are explosive around water. I hate buying disposable batteries. Plus I like the idea of more capacity for longer sessions without having to recharge or replace batteries.

I have been looking at Nickle Zinc (NiZn) batteries. They have slightly more voltage than standard alkaline (1.6 volts) and a higher mah capacity ( up to 4000 mah) plus they are rechargeable. The NiZn batteries have more voltage than both alkaline batteries and NiMh rechargeable batteries and so here is my question.

Will the White's Surf Dual Field PI machine handle the 12.8 volts? Not sure how the thing is engineered but I figure that an extra .8 volts would not be a problem. But I am not sure on that.

Anyone have any idea?

I use mine in my surfmaster pi plus and also in my minelab safari. they do reall good for both of them. bought mine at amazon 2 chargers they came with 4 batteries with each charger and i bought 8 batteries for about 45 bucks..

You are safe up to around 14V. I think if you check they are not 4000mah but 4000 mWh. They would be around 2500 mah. 4000/1.6=2500.

Also read the reviews on Amazon. The ones I saw on Amazon were 2500mWh or 2500/1.6= 1562mah.
The thing that would bother me is they can charge to 1.86v or 8x1.8= 14.88v. This should be OK, maybe.

I've got a question. These were really running a high percent of faulty batteries. Even their reviews say so. Also who sells the 4000mWh ones?