Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Batteries???

Oakman404

My brother in law pulled out a tester he has and tested our batteries. Most over the counter batteries tested right around 1.5 but I had a couple test around 1.6 and my fully recharged batteries tested @ 1.41? Does the difference in battery output effect the performance of say, my 1350? Anyone have any ideas or thoughts?:garrett:

I used to use the rechargeables on my 1350 and it worked fine. I know it even has a setting for rechageables. My rechargeable batteries quit so now I get alkalines at the Dollar store. They seem to recharge a little will not in use.

There's going to be a little difference between batteries of the shelf. Those are within normal range. Rechargeable do have a slightly lower voltage, also normal. Most DC electronics handle a fairly wide voltage range and the difference won't be a problem. There are a few that don't like rechargeable but the manufacturers are usually right up front about it.

The next generation rechargeables are pretty nice. They're referred to low self-discharge (LSD), as they will hold most of their charge (around 75%) for 3 years. I've switched over to them in my AT Pro and really like them, they also seem to last about half-again as long as name brand alkalines (there are different ratings, some are rated 2000mah and have a life expectancy of 1500 recharges, others are rated 2700mah with a life expectancy of 1000 recharges. If you're interested in them, take a look at the Sanyo Eneloop, Sony CycleEnergy and tthe affordable Chinese knock-offs, Tenergy. I got mine on Amazon (got some of each to test, can't tell the difference yet). I liked the Sony charger (4 discrete charging circuits, so you can charge any combo...), so I got it with 4 of their CycleEnergys. No perceptible performance hit on the machine that I can notice, I switch out when they get down to one bar.

If you lookup AA sizw nickel zinc batteries on ebay you will find they are recharagable at 2800mah at 1.6V !!!
I have tested them with my ace 250 and they go forever (> 60hrs) on a charge.