Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

batteries

mikzz

This question is for those who understand the electronic side of detectors. the standard AA battery is 1.5 volt multiplied by 8 =12 volts
where the rechargeable AA battery is 1.2 volt multiplied by 8 = 9.6 volts is this correct?
So how does this affect the efficiency of the detector IE in depth and sensitivity, to me using rechargeable batteries would seem to be detrimental to both.
I detect for approx 3-4 hrs an outing so if I am already starting out underpowered by using rechargeable at the end of a day I must be really struggling for sensitivity. Am I correct in my assumption or have I got it completely wrong.
cheers mikzz

Detector engineers, knowing batteries run down, usually design the detector to run well below what the batteries provide when new or fully charged. A regulator steps the power down to that level. Depth and sensitivity are not impeded until the batteries drop to that regulated level, which is also where the low battery or battery change warnings kick in.

Hi, Rechargeable batteries have a rating usually in mAH, which is milli Amp Hour rating. The higher the mAH the more capacity the battery has for holding the electrical charge. This rating is similar to the CCA or Cold Cranking Amp rating on auto batteries. Before purchasing or using rechargeable batteries make sure that the manufacturer doesn't advise against using these higher mAH rated rechargeables. I am expecting my new finny in the mail any day now, let me know if you find out about what the manufacturers comments are on this subject. If I find out any more info on this I will update it here as well.

Good Luck Hunting!!

Can you use 8 regular (not rechargeable) Ultimate Lithium batteries in the Infinium or is that to much horsepower?

Thanks.