Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Battery backup

Doc Watson

For those using the GPX 5000, what do you do for batteries? I mean, did you purchase a second Lithium Ion for backup in case of failure, or are you just using the one? They seem a bit pricey for occasional use; in 40 years of detecting I've never gone out without some kind of spare. But that was before they started costing $600+.

I'm going to be keeping just one battery for now... .they will last all day. But when I have the cash, will be seriously considering the goldscreamer power pack. With it you get two batteries for about the price of one Minelab battery.... :)

With great amounts of trepidation I actually purchased a battery off eBay for under $300 over 8 months ago. First I made sure I had it in writing from the seller that it was genuine MineLab. That way if he lied I could file a claim with eBay (I've been successful in the past getting stuff straightened out). Got it, put it under a microscope and its a real MineLab Lithium Ion.

If I was going to spend that much for a battery I think I would go with the Gold Screamer from Doc's place.

Just a comment, Once you get the Gold Screamer Power pack that comes with 2 batteries, after that additional batteries are only $50. We have eliminated a lot of the cost by making the system modular. The amplifier regulator is the most expensive part of the system. And that stays the same, you just have to slip a new battery on it takes maybe 30 seconds to put on a new battery. In addition the Power Pack comes supplied with a real nice padded canvas control box cover with an integrated pouch that carries the Gold Screamer on the side of your machine.

Doc

Doc,

I talked with a relic hunter the other day who said he was able to hunt three full days from the charge of one Gold Screamer battery. This was using the 11" commander DD. Is that typical?

I got one from Don at North Georgia Relics but I haven't tried it yet. I'll have it at DIV XIX to give it good workout.

I think i am getting about 8 hours continuous which is amzzing considering the compact size of the battery!!!

Just ordered one of these yesterday, Cant wait to try it out along with some new fiberglass shafts.