Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Battery change-out

When your machine stops working .:laugh: I usually replace my batteries when I get down to 8 on the battery level from 12. You will start losing depth as the power decreases. I noticed this with my MXT. Duracells are my main batteries but I'm saving up for a RMB battery pack. These battery packs last 3 times longer then with replacement batteries. A very good investment.

If using my old MXT, once the batteries showed 10 volts, I knew I had to change them out. My machine would start talking WAY too much.

Now as for the RnB battery pack, I've never let it get down that far before recharging. The RnB battery, yes they are expensive but worth every cent. I love mine and I purchased it used. I can't say enough good about it. I think all last year, I only recharged it once. :clapping:

You're welcome. If you do change your batteries out, save them for other things. Larry could always use them in his machine when that happened. That way it's not a total loss. HH, Nancy

couldn't agree more on changing them out at 10v I just use old ones for remotes ect. wasent there a thread at one time for a mod to add a extra battery to pack making it a 13.5 v? what is the RnB pack I haven't heard of it?

nevadamxt said:
couldn't agree more on changing them out at 10v I just use old ones for remotes ect. wasent there a thread at one time for a mod to add a extra battery to pack making it a 13.5 v? what is the RnB pack I haven't heard of it?
Increasing the voltage on the MXT, or other VLF machines, won't make any difference. The voltage, on both transmit and receive functions, is controlled by the power supply. On Pulse induction units, the voltage can make a significant difference in both depth and sensitivity.
Jim

nevadamxt said:

As for the R & B battery pack, here's the info: https://www.kellycodetectors.com/catalog/li-ion-hp3100-12v-recharge-battery-system-white-s

I love my R & B battery pack.....It keeps on going and going and going. Much longer than the Energizer Bunny. Yes, a bit pricey but sometimes you can find a nice used one. :thumbup: