Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Battery Charging Question?

Dr. Zarkov

Can portable power bank external battery chargers. Such as the Anker Astro E4 13000 mah charger. Safely charge the Deus?

Thanks.
Dr. Zarkov

as long as they have USB out put they can do the job. i looked at the one you mentioned and it should work just fine.

Battery concerns:

How many hours can you hunt on fully charged batteries? It has been my experience that rechargeable batteries over time have less and less capacity. You get 6 hours out of a lithium drill battery and a year from now, you might get only 2 hours, depending on the number of charge/discharge cycles.
What is the life expectancy of the batteries before they need to be replaced?
Can a user replace the batteries or do you have to send the unit back to the manufacturer for replacement?
If you have to send it back for battery replacement, how much does it cost and how long does it take to get the unit back?

Thanks for any replies and info.

This topic has been over a Lot.
The batteries in the controller and ws4s can be changed by the user.
The battery in the coils can be changed by the user, but it's best to send them in because the coil is a sealed unit and needs to be resealed.
IIRC XP Americas charges $50 to replace coil batteries and about a week turn around.

All that being said...
I've had my Deus for four years and don't see any lack in charge capacity.
And new machines have a FIVE year warranty.
Try to beat that with any other manufacturers.

With heavy use definitely 3 years of use.

Now the batteries do have a good history.

Anyone thinking about a Deus--- don"t let the battery thingy be a show stopper.

And besides, you will not be buying batteries-- so money saved of sorts.

I typically detect all day, 8-10 hrs at a time with a lunch break of about 30 min. The only item that the charge shows half or less is typically the coil but it has never quit working during a hunt. I originally had battery concerns before I purchased but after reading many posts, especially from our detecting brothers in the UK that have used Deus detectors for a lot longer than we in the US, my battery concerns were no longer an issue. That coupled with the excellent US service center places the Deus's serviceability in a class similar to Whites Electronics whom I have always given triple Gold stars.:detecting:

I also hunt for extended periods 8-10 hours some days. I dn't even turn the machine off when I stop to talk to someone be it the homeowner or my hunting partner and have not had any issues with not being able to complete the day. The coil definitely goes quicker than the rest but as said above never had it quit on me.

A person can always take one of the little portable packs along and charge the coil a little when taking breaks or lunch etc.