Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Battery Charging System for X Terra 705

rjsupersonic

I have never used a battery charger for any of my detectors, I am getting ready to order my 705 and wanted to know if anyone had a recommendation for a battery charger or is it better to stay away from them? Thanks in advance.

Batteries can be expensive, I got a unit that has 4 rechargeable batteries,car & wall charger (for my 705). Works great. Batteries last a long time-charge quickly and save money (and the environment)

Got mine from Kellyco for $25-$27.That's about the same as 3 sets of regular. Still working perfectly after 7 months. I believe I got a discount for buying them when I purchased my detector.

I'm glad to see others have had luck with using rechargeable batteries in their 705 but I did not.

I purchased commercial quality AA's that are 2700 mAh and I've had very good luck with them in other equipment. I detect about 3-5 hours at a time and I was only getting about 2 1/2 detecting trips out of them. I typically use a 10.5" coil so I'm not sure if the larger coils require more current although my electronics background would have me to believe that they would. I went back to Energizers and I get well over double the amount of time out of batteries.

I switched our company entirely to these same batteries for computer mice and keyboards and they work great. I'm all for saving money and the environment as best as we can but this is one case that I just can't make the switch.

I use rechargables I got from wally world I get maybe 16-20 hours out of them.
Make sure to look at page 45 of the manual on the battery info some rechargeables should be used due to the difference in voltage.
I think they were around $15.00 for 4 batteries and the charger.I would'nt go any other way.
I really tee's me off when I'm out detecting and dig up discarde batteries someone tossed on the ground.

Don't have mine in front of me but I'll try and post the info later. The mah and qualities of the batteries were matched for the 705. I know that I'm getting 20-24 hrs of use from each charge.
Good for me. If I only did that 7x in the 7 months I had the 705- I'm still ahead. When the batts go I still got the charger and I'll get more. I have a back up set of rechargeable also-but I haven't needed them yet.

I use the Energizer rechargables 2500 mAh and I use the 10.5 DD 7.5 coil all the time and I get a round 20-24 hours per charge. I have been using them for about 7 years now and I am on my third set and it cost about $20 for 8 of them. That's cheap.

I also get 3-6 hour hunts and get 3-4 hunts off one recharge. So close to 20hrs or so. These are the rechargable energizer batts. I noticed they do not last as long as regular duracells but I save big money on batts and I hate throwing away batteries. I also have a backup set because I noticed the batt indicater when it gets to half goes to empty a lot quicker with rechargables. With regular batts when it gets to half way you know you have quite a while. So the dissapate quickly

I buy a 48 pack at costco for around $14 +/- and they last a very long time...... the re-charge ones for me just die out a lot quicker or if they sit for a while die off.
Joe

Home depo carries a great buy on the energizers. 36pk AA's for 13-14 bucks. That's a lot of hunting!

Ok I gotta check Home Depot, that may be the way to go... thanks all for the advice.

I've always used Sanyo Eneloop PRECHARGED batteries for $10 from Amazon ($20 w/ charger). They are rechargable and last for years.
Unlike regular rechargables, they can retain most of their charge for 3 years at room temperature. Keep a set of these in your pack for backups! Be sure to get the improved 2nd generation type.

Pre-charged and ready to use right out of the pack; preserves charge for long periods of time
Extremely slow self-discharge rate maintains 85 percent of capacity after 1 year of storage
Low Self Discharge: Batteries maintain 75% charge after 3 years of non-use
Combines best features of AA alkaline (ready for use) and rechargeable (reusable) batteries
Can be charged up to 1,500 times (including partially) without experiencing memory effect

Yes on other thread(s) the Sanyo Eneloop rechargeable batteries have rave reviews as recommended to buy them.

I did not know about the improved 2nd generation type, good heads up, thank you.