Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Battery Deepstar

A

Anonymous

The deepstar was delivered yesterday at 5 pm and put it together. I put the battery on charge and it had a voltage of 9.6 vdc at the start of charge. I charged all night and half the morning. Total charge time 19 hrs. The voltage had risen to 16.7 vdc.I took it to the beach and after five minutes of hunting the charge indicator was in the red. I switch the power mode to low and hunted another twenty minutes before it quit totally. It is back on charge and I have to work tonight and will try again in the morning. If it last another five minutes what should I try. Any options on a faster charger. I don't mind opening the case to keep electronics cool during charge. Thanks Kurt

Hi Kurt,
Strange that the charge indicator should go into the red after such a short time. From a discharged state (1v per cell) the battery should be fully charged after 12 hours on the charger supplied. The fact that it was 9.6V at the start of the charge is a bit low but 16.7V is about right for the end of charge voltage. The charger can be checked by measuring the dc volts from the middle band on the jack plug (+) to the band next to the body (-). This should be about 27V on no load. With a test meter switched to current you should get 0.22A between the same two bands. Let us know how you get on after the second charge up.
I will get in touch with Sunray about doing a fast charger for the US market. This would certainly be a useful asset although I gather that they should not be used all the time as it reduces battery life.
Eric.

It did fine today . Hunted for two hours on high power and it stayed up on full charge. Still getting use to the controls. I am one of those guys that like to run full power and you can't do that in the water. So you have to tune it down a bit. But it is great to have the option to turn it up when conditions allow. I found 97 cents about 18 pop tabs and a nice womens wedding band. Love the coverage with the large coil, great for covering the hard pan sand. Going to the pier Fri. and give it the big test. Lots of targets and detectors. Thanks for yours and Bill's response. Kurt