Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Battery help...

Dan-Pa.

Older Whites take 4 C batteries....can I safely use AA batteries in these units and how many would I need..I know I have read a post or two along this line...any help appreciated...Have mucho AA batteries and no units I an use then in is reason for post...

C batteries and AA's, and AAA's, and D's, are all 1.5 volts. The difference is in how long, at a particular amperage, they can deliver 1.5 volts. So, the answer to your question is yes...AA's can be substituted for C's, but C's have more amperage capacity. The second part of your question should be how are the batteries connected? If a simple series connection, which would supply 6 volts (4 X 1.5) than you should do the same with the AA's. If you have room in your battery pack, you could get extended life with your AA's by making two sets of 4. Each set would have 4AA's in series, and then the two sets would be connected in parallel. That would double the run time with the AA's, but at the same 6 volts.
Jim

May be this will help a little bit...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-pc-new-battery-Adaptor-Converter-Case-box-Holder-for-AA-to-C-TO/122431472062?hash=item1c817c01be:g:Ek0AAOSwA3dYTtx5

All the Best

Hi Dan, I have used AA in a adapter that makes them the size as c cell. I don't get very long run time with it. I just order 4 rechargeable c-cells and use them in my 6000 Di Pro, My Eagle 11Sl, and my 5900 Di Pro.

vito said:
May be this will help a little bit...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-pc-new-battery-Adaptor-Converter-Case-box-Holder-for-AA-to-C-TO/122431472062?hash=item1c817c01be:g:Ek0AAOSwA3dYTtx5

All the Best

I've got some of the Eneloop variants. Only bad thing is you need to adapt the bottom of the hollow battery case(- negative) to make contact with the springs in the battery pack. Once done,use Lithium batteries to get longer battery life.