Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Battery in the Coil's View

DrJoeprime

Just curiosity....

How has XP placed a battery in the "view" of the coil without affecting performance?

Of course I know it works ( with mine ..for at least the last 15 months) ...but how do they make the battery invisible ( or minimal) to the coil?

Anyone know?

Regards, Joe

It's called "iron see through"! :)---Sorry, couldn't resist!---------Seriously, I'm sure the company would (rightfully) never divulge that information and any forthcoming (possible)) answers is probably just speculation.------It is a VERY INTERESTING question though!

I think this was mentions years ago with another brand detector. Most detectors out now are motion detectors, so as long as the metal object like the battery or a coil bolt is not moving separate from the coil it is not seen by the coil. Now if it was moving then the coil would see it just like dirt in the coil cover will give you a problem as it moves around. To me it make sense, so I feel that must be why.

Rick

Basic answer, as you correctly surmised, is the relative 'non motion' of the fixed object.

Also strategic placement of any 'items' within the 'field'..etc.

I don't know what the battery's body material is....so cannot comment further.....Matt

D&P-OR said:
It's called "iron see through"! :)---Sorry, couldn't resist!---------Seriously, I'm sure the company would (rightfully) never divulge that information and any forthcoming (possible)) answers is probably just speculation.------It is a VERY INTERESTING question though!

+++++++++++++++++++++++

D&P. If the battery case is metallic but low in its magnetic permeability factor.....( austenitic steels ).....AND very thin, then electrically it would be 'seen' as a very highly resistive object (to a.c. flux), so induced currents would be minimal. It's orientation and location, may also 'minimise' the effects of its presence.

Those proposition, plus being relatively stationary within the search-head's alternating field, would go towards explaining the situation...Matt...TheMarshall.

My horse Kilohertz keeps cockin'g his leg up and looking at his 'shoes'......muttering something about not being able to 'see through iron'.

I suspect he is trying to check his toe-nails...

............He will get the message eventually.

P.S.

Remember when some detectors had a 'steel' nut and bolt retaining their search-head????

"Remember when some detectors had a 'steel' nut and bolt retaining their search-head????"

I always wondered about that....

Thanks