Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

battery indicator

sargojim

noticed that battery indicater is jumping up and down between one bar below full charge and about three bars below full charge. Is this normal...Have had unit for about a month and took it to the ocean for about 2hrs total Ran very quiet in the gulf of mexico....Just wondering if anyone else has notice battery indicater jumping...Thanks

Thanks...stocking up on AA batteries....All my other units take 9v so need to get me some more AA.....Once again thank you so much for advice....Haven't found that gold treasure yet, but hope to soon.

Jim

Yes....that's normal. It does that when the batteries get worn down a bit. I usually change my batteries when it gets down to 2 bars, but I probably have a t least a couple of hours left.

I've been running those new red Duracell monsters! Those batteries are amazing. Super long life and worth every penny for me at least. Never noticed the battery ind. flicker, but I will say that what cole tipple pointed out is something I just noticed. For 1st yr I had my pro, I used the iron disc and pp a lot. Like constantly. But for last yr I haven't used them at all. On rare occ. I use iron disc to get a better idea of whats down there for a split sec. And now that I think back I've been wondering why I've gotten so much longer life outta by AAs! Good call cole!

I had to send my ATP back to Garrett for an issue. When it was returned it had Duracell CT rated at 1.5v. They seem to last forever. I know I got 16 hrs. of hunting from them and they weren't down but half when I changed them out. The only problem is that the 1.5v are slightly larger than the 1.2v and caused the fragile battery holder to crack in two places.

If you do a lot of heavy hunting, might want to pick up an extra battery sleeve and some rechargeable batteries. I got 4 energizer rechargeables and the charger at my local hardware store for about $20. I use rechargeables mostly now and always keep a spare sleeve and 4 AA batteries in the truck for an emergency. I ruined a day of hunting because I just loaded the batteries into the sleeve and the sleeve slipped out of my hands and fell in the parking lot and broke at the connector. It was a Sunday so I couldn't go to my local supplier to buy another one. Worst day ever! I got 2 extra sleeves the following day. HH!

Eric in RI and I seem to have a lot in common....first off, yes when your batteries start to fade you will see the indicator jump around. Completely normal. I have been using rechargeables for years now and they work just great. Just like Erie in RI I had a battery pack slip out and break (it was pretty cold that day) so got another battery pack and a spare which Garrett sent for free. Now keep both sets charged and ready to go. As a extra precaution, I also have a power inverter in my vehicle so I can charge the batteries in the field if necessary. Keep swingin' my friend.