Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Battery Life ?

redbird

I know you guys reccomend not killing the battery, but I have not been listening to your suggestions. I find that if you do run your battery down you will have more time in the field, I am surprise to see when it becomes unstable at 4.46 that's even when the boost is on .So I am running fine at 4.46 and over does anyone else get this far with their battery ?

When I check sometimes at 7.00 I am still going good for maybe 1 hour but when it reaches that 4.8 I start to walk back to the car and use it till it becomes unstable 4.46 thats when it becomes unstable

The battery should not be drawn all the way down it could kill it. The batteries used have no memory like the old ones and will recharge to full from and charge as long as you do not kill it all the way

Jason

If you are using the wireless headphones you can reduce battery drain by dropping the Wireless Headphone Power Level from 7 to 3 or 4.

:detecting:Whites told me not to remove the cover on the orange decal-ed battery box, but suggested placing recharged batteries in the Alkaline green box. I bought a charger from Greenbatteries.com Code: MHC801D and GP 2700 mAh NiMH AA Code: GPAA2700 the charger is nice it will recondition (Starts with an initial charging followed by a discharge cycle then a slow or fast charge depending on what you choose.) your batteries as well as fast and slow charging programs. I had some old 2500 mAh NiMH laying around and I've gotten 6+ hours of use and still going at around 9.7 V. I remember reading about the NiMH vs. Ni cad and the benefits of NiMH was you can recharge them without letting them run low and still get longevity. I let my factory (Orange decal) pack run down too around 4.5 V yesterday and the detector shut of. I had noticed some crazy and sporadic signals about 5 minutes from total shut down. I plan on using rechargeable 9 V for my Head Phones because I'm using my V3 everyday except when it's down-poring which rarely happens here in southern Ca. Happy Hunting Everyone. :clap:

I have also read running the NIMH really low is not good for them. I'll if I can find the article. I've run rechargeables (2500's) in my headphones but I always carry an extra 2 on my belt when I do. They work better than you think. Rob

:twodetecting:I plan on using rechargeable 9 V for my Head Phones because I'm using my V3 everyday except when it's down-poring which rarely happens here in southern Ca. I reread my post and realized the 9 V are for my White's Pin Pointer and Pistol Probe. Sorry I must have been somewhere else.:goodnight: