Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Battery Lifefor HF coils

I bought a 9" elliptical in Sept 2017. I don't use it often and now it is not holding a full charge. Does anyone have any ideas?

Also, does anyone know why Deus didn't stay with the battery in the stem when they developed the new 35 coils?

I suspect there could be one of 2 reasons or both.
Back of rod using battery in stem setup has a weak spot due to material missing allowing for battery cable routing.
Xp misses out on servicing the Hf coils. Making $$$.
First pic below is lower LF coil and rod.
Second pic is elliptical Hf and rod.

Attachments

• 5A61866E-AA09-4658-9C04-E04CA92BF3B1.jpeg
    5A61866E-AA09-4658-9C04-E04CA92BF3B1.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 144
  • 12D67AF7-68BA-4184-A8A7-F73F220EB347.jpeg
    12D67AF7-68BA-4184-A8A7-F73F220EB347.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 166
Last edited:
The X35 is a direct upgraded replacement for the original LF coils so no need to change the battery placement. The HF coils battery placement is a bit of a mystery to me. Maybe the HF coils are more of a power hog due to the higher frequencies and XP wanted it to be easy to change out the battery in the field with a charged up spare. If your battery is dying, it is really easy to get a new one for sure. I think they cost around $45 from some of our supporting dealers. If the battery dies in the LF or X35s you have to send them in to be replaced.

I sometimes take the HF coil and lower stem off of the detector in order to get into some tight spaces when gold prospecting. I really have to be careful to not let the battery fall out!!!!

Jeff