Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Battery Mod For My Explorer

Patrick(MI)

Well my rechargeable batteries for my Minelab Explorer were loosing their charge faster and faster so I decided it was time to look for some lithium-ion batteries. Decided on the UltraFire 18650 3.7v 5800 mAh. So I've gone from 8 batteries to 3. Looking around for some type of case I found and old watch case. It wasn't too big and wouldn't touch the ground under my explorer. I did use one of the alkaline battery holders for the wire to reach the contacts inside. I didn't take the whole thing back apart for the pic but you can see the wire hot glued to the inside of the case. It goes all the way forward and is soldered to the contact plates. Decided on a momentary push button switch so I could check the battery power without adding a drain on the unit. I did have to cobble the battery contacts from an old boom box that got stomped on by a horse. I had the switch and only had to order the two wire meter from ebay.

Hey Cuz. Well if you look in that one pic with the battery voltage showing that is what is left after 6 hours of that unit running. I like it. LOL

Cedarswamp suggested I add a pic with the unit installed on my mo-sheen. So here ya go Cuz. LOL

Good job it should balance the machine better I like the momentary switch for the volt meter bet ya get more depth running at a full 12v,,,,,CEDAR

I love it Chris but I have only been out with it one time. Now that I have a ForsCoRe I'm spending most of my detecting time getting to know that machine.
How about you how's the X-12 doing for you?

Well to be honest , I have not used it yet. I am learning the Racer. Lol And I like it. And with the new upgraded F75 ltd 2 playing with that. I was thinking this weekend I will try it out. Good luck with the FORS CoRe. Also I like your new battery mod. GS