Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Battery Pack Question

I there a battery pack that takes off the shelf AA alkines that fits the XS?

I've seen one or two of those packs around, but they were for the GT.

original.jpg

Hi Fisher i have the same AA battery pack for my GT it came out of a Sovereign Elite it is gray color but it works fine in my GT , you shouldn't have any problem with that blue one in your GT . Jim

If I recall correctly... the XS came with a small circuit board adapter that had two sets of nine volt type terminals on it. Two battery holders which held four AA batteries (each) connected to the terminals on the circuit board adapter.

You can still find the battery holders... but the circuit board adapters sell at a premium as they are no longer made.

Hopefully... if I'm wrong someone else will jump in and correct me.

-NEBeachcomber

Fisherfinder said:

original.jpg

The ones for the XS are black open plastic, there are two for it, each holds 4 AA batteries. They used to have them right on the shelf at radio shack as well as the push pin connectors for them. there should be a pic or two somewhere here on the forum, I will see if I can locate one someone has posted.

Fisherfinder said:

original.jpg

here is a pic I got from the forum, about 5yrs old, from our moderator Ron.

This was the style that was used for the original and the XS while the XS2 and the XS2a used the ones with small circuit board and were drop ins and held in place by the battery door. The original and the XS were plug in pack so you had to plug the battery packs into the Sovereign. I liked the plug in better, but had to be careful when unplugging and plugging the battery back in again so I didn't break a wire, but knew it had a good connection.

Oh,.......

My local electronic supply house may have these, they carry Philmore battery holders.

thumbnail.jpg

Great holders and very little cost.

Buy two AA packs off of Ebay and an N series computer female connector and 2 nine volt battery plug wires from Radio Shack.Wire the two 6V packs together to make a 12V system and connect to the N series female connector to plug into your Sovereign.Good Luck Ron