Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Battery Question

Happy_Hour

I have AA, AAA, 9 Volt. Some are made in China,Japan,Malaysia and the US. Others are assembled in the US.and does this mean it was made elsewhere and then shipped to the US to be assembled where the label states made in the US.

Yep! parts where made else where and assembled if the US, that may mean the cell wrapper could be made in the US.

Mark

Yes, unfortunately Mark is 100% correct.
I hate that 'assembled in US' crap...it means absolutely nothing.

If you research the original American brands, you'll find they now have several manufacturing plants outside of the US.
So, I suppose they could bring in the batteries straight from china, and put them in a US-printed box, and that package was 'assembled in the US'.

And then there's the trend toward selling established companies to investment groups.
Duracell, for instance, is now (since 2015) owned by Warren Buffet's investment company Berkshire Hathaway.

It's a different world.
:)
mike

I use Energizer lithium in AA. Cost a little more but lasts a lot longer .Gave up on Duracell. Had two rupture in a flash light and a detector.