Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Battery question

Ted S

As my rechargeable packs are now junk is there any options available? I know RNB has discontinued their FBS battery. I am using my pack with 8 AA batteries in it. I am playing with the Explorer SE and put a smaller coil on it for hunting crop rows and along sidewalks. Thanks! Ted

As my rechargeable packs are now junk is there any options available? I know RNB has discontinued their FBS battery. I am using my pack with 8 AA batteries in it. I am playing with the Explorer SE and put a smaller coil on it for hunting crop rows and along sidewalks. Thanks! Ted

or make your own as I did.....

1.gif

2.gif

3.gif

Have you looked into/considered the sanyo eni-loop rechargeables. I used them many yrs ago with my exp II and they lasted pretty long before recharging. I do believe they are still available.

Good luck Mark ( ohio )

I'm with Mark (ohio).

I have several alkaline packs filled with eneloop Ni-HM batteries for my XS, XS2, and CTX. They cost $2-3 apiece and can be charged several thousand times. Basically use them twice and already cheaper than disposable alkaline batteries. The key is to buy low self discharge Ni-HM cells, whether eneloop or another brand. The original battery packs used non low self discharge cells and after a week or so sitting unused in your car's trunk they would be about done. The low discharge cells can be charged and sit on a shelf for a couple of years and still maintain full charge.

Much cheaper than the lithium batteries, and last almost as long.

You can't go wrong with these.

Chris(SoCenWI)

I had mine rebuilt by Bull Dog batteries.
Almost tripled the capacity 1500 mAh to 3500 mAh.

I had mine rebuilt by Bull Dog batteries.
Almost tripled the capacity 1500 mAh to 3500 mAh.
3-18650's ramp it up too !