Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Battery replacement

Encuentras

Does anyone know where one can purchase a lithium battery for the deus controller ?My unit is 5 years old .The battery is lasting 6 or 7 hours on a full charge .I heard it is easy to change it .

Call the XP distributor in the USA or EU they will be more than happy to sell you one or you could check the volts/amps/mh and instal a battery with larger capacity. I would go with the second option :)

Don't be surprised when you open your 'remote' controller to see corrosion on the board!

That happened to me very recently. I had sent it to the XP dealer to get the battery replaced because it wasn't showing a FULL charge 'icon' despite it working well and never failed in the field.(mine was up to 8 years old and was one of the originals.
You can see the photos that show a very good condition control unit and no obvious signs of excessive aging or corrosion (just congealed dirt per normal wear & tear)

I was shocked to say the least and advised the dealer "it had never got wet!" They advised it was 'battery corrosion' that must have leaked onto the PCB.

CAVEAT EMPTOR (Buyer Beware)

I would strongly advise if you have a remote control pod that is 4 to 5 years old, get that battery out and replace it as soon as possible or otherwise you may be left without the use of the remote! I was.

In the last 10 years I have owned 3 XP Deus.

The only battery replacement I have needed was in the WS4 headset and Regton did that while I had a cup of coffee.

Monsieur Deus is a magic bit of kit and 80% of our association "WHRADA" use one.

Due to the high value of the investment,I prefer to pay a little over the cost of the battery for the professionals to fit one for me.

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.

JBM,

Good to hear from you.

Can you say why you bought three over the years? Did you buy different 'builds / components / coils? The shafts are the same correct? But they have introduced a New shaft system.

Des D

Hi Des,

Mainly to stay in warranty.

The exception was the shaft improvement from the original ones, also choosing different coils especially the 9" H/F coil.

It was also a chance to hand down my last Deus to my son and its still fine after 6 years

The batteries on that detector may well have to be changed soon as they need charging more frequently.

The Deus has been very kind to me over the last 10 years and these days I only do 3 hours sessions at the most.

I did watch one other Corfe videos the other day which was interesting ,but there were not many of us original detectorists there.

Before Corfe, Tony took us to Calne where the mushymanrob found his little Calne man figure.

Thats putting the clock back.

Keep well,

Your old Pal Jerry.

Great to hear from you JBM

I'm not familiar with "Caine" Before my time attending the Corfe venue. I attended at least 7 of them...maybe more, maybe less, can't remember?
Jeez...they were great times weren't they? Great bunch of guys and very funny too!

Great knowing you're still getting out'n'about! 3 hrs is enough for any man!!!

Returning to the Topic in the Thread: perhaps a 5 - 6 year battery changeout would be best? That is if a person keeps their one detector purchase from New or fairly new?

Yes we all miss not seeing you when arriving at Corfe waving a new machine about ,followed by folks swarming around you likes wasps around a Jam pot.

Priceless memories, also your lady boss with the fantastic pair of eyes.

Some folks have made a bit of a name for themselves for better or worse, since those halcyon gatherings.

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.

PS Had this William I of Scotland (Perth Mint) circa 1200AD cut half penny out this morning.

a quick look on the evil bay shows batts at 19 pounds ..same as originals .or alibaba if you want some in bulk