Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Battery usage

Hey guys,

I am looking to buy a GT soon, I used an Elite before. What kind of life can I expect on the included rechargeable battery? 6hrs? 9hrs etc. I'll be doing mostly land based hunting but want to get an idea of the battery life so I can make a decision on purchasing a spare just in case.

Thank you,
Joseph

The Elite manual states 15 to 20 hours depending on the amount of targets found. They use the same battery as the GT.

Ive only gone 12 or so and then drained it down at home and recharged.

HH
Neil

Thanks Neil,

Yeah that should be plenty then for the time being.

The newer machines are supplied with Nmh batteries which do not require draining before recharging as they do not retain memory like the old Ni-Cads

My GT came with both the rechargeable battery and the pack for the alkalines, so I take the alkaline pack along as a backup. Have never needed it yet.

AgileMJOLNIR said:
Hey guys,

I am looking to buy a GT soon, I used an Elite before. What kind of life can I expect on the included rechargeable battery? 6hrs? 9hrs etc. I'll be doing mostly land based hunting but want to get an idea of the battery life so I can make a decision on purchasing a spare just in case.

Thank you,
Joseph
.........................................Joseph if you have an Elite ................I'm wondering why do you want a GT??..................BEEN TOLD THAT BOTH ARE VERY SIMILAR!!..................HH............JOE

Joe(TX) said:
AgileMJOLNIR said:
Hey guys,

Thank you,
Joseph
.........................................Joseph if you have an Elite ................I'm wondering why do you want a GT??..................BEEN TOLD THAT BOTH ARE VERY SIMILAR!!..................HH............JOE

Oh actually I don't have the Elite anymore. I used to won one but was out of the detecting arena for a bit. I am jumping back in now and going straight for the GT to try it out. I guess I'm a new tech buy at heart etc.

All Sovereigns are fairly similar, but there is changes when they got newer. Some changes were for the worst too and the XS2a had a switch to turn off the multi tones so you had a single tone which to me defeated the purpose of the Sovereign. The Elite had a excellent battery set up they still use on the GT, but the controls were changed and put in some bad area to they got bumped and changed, plus many that went from a older Sovereign to a Elite had problems as we knew where each control was. Many of us would turn the wrong control so when the GT came out the controls were in a better position plus a more sensitive detector plus I feel it will ID the deep targets better than any of the other ones. It also has where you can turn off the iron mask so you don't get as many falses on iron, but will not get good target close to iron either. Now some like to try gold detecting and the new GT you can use it too,but not as good as a gold machine as the GT has tracking and you can lock it too where the XS series and the Elite didn't have this. My own opinion on the Elite was many targets sounded deeper than the actually were compared to the older Sovereigns and the GT, but still did real good as far as depth plus it didn't seem to false as much on iron as the GT does, but I feel that is because the GT is more sensitive than any of the others were.