Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

battery

brocifus

Tried out a new minelab prototype battery in the detector today and it is sweet, hunted just over 6 hours and the meter didnt move.Checked voltage when I got home and it used a half of volt it should go 25 to 30 hours on 1 charge and the best thing it recharges in hour to hour and half.

Well now that you posted..... is it something that can be used in the explorers? Always looking for improved battery strength and life.

Dew

It does appear you have let the cat out of the bag, could we please have a few more details, and is this battery for the Explorer/E-Trac? Chris

He posted in the e-trac forum.

Do a search on his name to read posts. Original post was about 5 days ago.

Im not sure about that Stays.... you know there has been a lot of improvements over the last few years on batteries. Rechargeables have really improved the amount of mAH which leads to how long they last, even the volts have been played with. Better chargers do a more efficient job as well. I mean if i can get a 3500 mAH with 1.5 volt that charge in a couple of hours.... thats improvement to me. Batteries just 10 years ago we a pain.... an expensive pain.

Dew

Im sorry I thought this post got erased until I just saw it in the etrac forum, This battery is legit and it does exactly like what was posted, I am just testing it right now and it is beyond our expectations so far.. My brother just got off the phone with Andy Sabish and we will be sending him a prototype to test as soon as next week.
As far as using same charger no you can't it takes a special charger and will fully charge in 60 to 90 mins. These will fit in the explorer type, Exll, etrac,etc.

What would the benefit be with this battery ? Having a battery last 25-30 hours. Why ? I go for 5 or 6 hours and I'm ready for a break. My battery still shows better than half. I take a back-up alkaline pack with me every time but haven't had to use it yet, even on my longer, road trip, full day hunts. When i get home I just plug the battery in and I'm good to go. Am I missing something ?

This one you would'nt have to charge after every hunt for 12 hrs or more, and make sure you dont forget and overcharge it. This charger will fully charge battery in a hour and lets you know when its done. I'm sure some people will be happy with the regular battery and some will like this one.
Thank You,
Bart

Some machines react differently once the voltage is reduced ... especially below half. This can affect how the machine operates regardless of what the manufacturers say. People even talk about their detector operating differently between rechargeables and AAA. What kind of mAH are we talking here? I know Batteries Plus told me they would take my AAA battery pack and make me a rechargeable one for half of what ML wants. What kind of price are we talking about? I assume once charged and you are told they are full you can still leave them on the charger WITHOUT a problem and that they dont have a memory. It is simple to just plug the 1600 in after every charge.... but if there wasnt an advantage they wouldnt be making an 1800.... or batteries with 2800 mAH. Any time you have a more constant power source the better.

Dew

Dew -- I agree, but the biggest frustration for me for the 1600, as much as I like the "rechargeable" aspect (as compared to other detectors that use disposables), is HOW LONG it takes to fully charge. 18 hours? TOO LONG! If I want to hunt two days in a row, and my battery needs charged when I get home in the evening -- sticking it on the charger, it is NOT READY the next morning. That's the issue I have...

Steve

Once the battery has fully charged the first time it recharges faster and fuller each time. Ive had mine since the SEs came out and will hunt sometimes several days in a roll.... its always charged by the next morning. BUT it is a pain that they have such a cheap system with all the high tech. chargers now days. Ive never noticed any affects in depth with the SE but i did with other detectors when they go low.

Dew