Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beach Buffalo!

mudpuppy

Hey guys...like usual, I've been up and out flailing the sand with the 70 ...I hit this one totlot on the beach, same pattern, efficiently and speedily working the primary drop zones for clad.....today, I got a nickel reading under a slide and out popped this fresh dropped Buff Nickel! :shrug: It wasnt there yesterday! WTH?

I looked around to see which one of you were playing a trick on me!..:lmfao: Then I thought, some kid robbed old Grandpas coin collection! I really focused up for a gold or silver coin! Got a strange dime from Trinidad Tobago...its slightly smaller than our dime,

The dopey kid behind the counter at the StopNRob didnt notice the difference when I bought some beer on the way home! Is that wrong? :shrug: Also got this fine pair of water shoes...not that I need them, me being a barefooter, but there they were, so I snatched them up as is my custom...This time of the year up here is all sand duty for me, miles upon empty miles with a few nice spills in between...Big Lake warmed up to a point where a guy can start getting into it, but the sand slumped so much its not worth the effort, so dry sanding is the thing to do...

Had a Family Reunion over the Weekend, stayed up all night drinking and cooking a hog at my Dads with my Bro-in-Law, those mortars I found went over big, and fellow poster 'Rusty TX' poem titled "Jake and Jim" went over HUGE when recited to my 36 Nieces and Nephews around the bonfire!....You can find it down on the 'Stories forum' if you want to read it..Rusty is a hell of a poet, well worth memorizing and practicing as a guy swings along in the darkness..I sure hope one of my Nieces or Nephews hits it big someday, and remembers poor Uncle Mud with some kindness..all I need is a place to camp from time to time..and a few AA batteries of course...:thumbup:...

I better go back down to the StopNRob and square up with that dopey kid, and give him a real dime...its really bothering me that I intentionally ripped him off for such a paltry sum...plus, I'm out of beer already, and its not even 10am!:rofl:
Mud.

Congrats on the Buffalo Mud!! Looks like you had a good hunt !!

Congratz on the Beach Buff!! I have hit 2 in the sand this year, very unusual out here!

Glad to hear you survived the reunion and are back to pillaging. Nice hit on the Buffalo. I once found a Peace dollar in a tot lot and figured dad's show and tell piece didn't make it home. Good hunt. HH jim tn

n/t

Those shoes are good in the sand but not in the water...I keep all my foreign coins, even though many are from USA. Might go back there one day, then I will have some loose change to carry. HH

Glad to hear from you. Thought maybe you were visiting your relatives down south and drinking some good white lightning and lost a few days to this world? Nice buffalo those guys are fun to find. You better go back and give that kid his due. A bolt of lightning may come down a wack you right in the toe..... Z

Dang ... another Buffalo posted with a clear date. Gunnar posted one the other day with a beautifully clear date (over on the Tesoro forum). Congrats on the Buffalo and the rest of the hunt!

Hope some of the sand moves for you and you can get down in some cuts!
tvr

Thanks guys...BigE, the hog was scrum-diddley-umptous! But for me, the real fun is in the cooking, story telling, and drinking!...SeaBee, truth be told, I really hate beach sweeping, but whats a guy to do? These miles of barren sand aint gonna sweep themselves! The F70 is the PERFECT weapon..a guy can fling a very wide arc and cover a lot of it fast...:thumbup:.

..Zeek, I havnt had the pleasure of sipping some white lightening in a good long while, my Granddad (your age) has told me some stories from the prohibition era...they were just youngsters trying to make a buck to keep the Family from starving, they had to pole wooden scows up river from town to the stills and float back down bringing back bottles of the stuff to offload...said it was hard to find enough empty bottles for the shiners to fill...he got to be a pretty good and fast wood boatbuilder, a trait I inherited...poling a boat is a lost art..a nice ash pushpole and a strong dumb kid are under appreciated now a days..in that regard, I've outlived my intellect and usefullness...:lmfao:

yeah Doc, RustyNTX is an old school cowboy poet and well worth searching his posts...He reminds me quite a bit of John O'Brian from Australia...google "Said Hanrahan" for a great old poem if you like things like this....I hate wearing any shoes on the sand..I got big wide feet that like to get air..

Well brothers, its peak beach sweep season here now, so expect more pictures of clad and shoes and various bric a brack from old Mud for a while..although I bet I find a fresh killed stiff some early morning this year...folks seem to be in the shooting mood around here lately...I'll take some pics of course!
Mud