Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beach digging. How deep?

As some of you all know Galveston lost a tremendous amount of beach sand from IKE. I have been to the beaches at Galveston several times since the storm and all the "NEW" sand ( sand that has been added to the beaches over the years) was washed away. What is there is the dark brown/gray base sand.
That's the best I can describe it. When we hunted them since the storm all the coins we found were from the 70's and before, but nothing really old. Now the Parks system has started a renewal project in which they are scraping off the top 2 feet or so of the remaining sand and transporting it to to sea wall area to rebuild the beaches there. These beaches were totally devastated and it weakend the sea wall. My question is, after taking an additional 2 pus feet of sand off of the beaches should I expect to find much of anything or on a really positive note will I be more apt to find really old stuff? Hope Hope Hope.

Answered your question on T'net :)

It stands to reason that, yes, your finds will be deeper and so older. But the proof is in the puddiong.
SO often we say, "Something old has gotta be there," - and it isn't.
There can be dozens of reasons for this; some we can deduce and some we may know nothing about.

SO the only way to know is to go.... oh, and have fun. It sounds great!