Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

beach finds using patriot meter

A

Anonymous

Hello All. Back to the gold coast last Sunday the 20th.i was in for a surprise and didn

Do you know roughly your trash to treasure ratio is?
Man that jewelry is fabulous!
How deep were they? And were they all found in sand?
Oh, and what coil were you using?
Tony

Hello Tony. I am digging more trash than I normally do as I am trying to set up a scale to use on our Australian coins and trash. The software in the meter is designed for your coins and treasure in the USA. Once I get used to the meter I should be digging less trash. The meter locks on to our coins reasonable well. When the meter moves around at different spots on the scale I usually find it could be a rusted bottle top. The foil comes in at a spot and stays there the small oval ring pull is between our 10c and 20cent coins. The screw top over here is hard to stop as it comes in with our $1&$2 coins the silver rings give no trouble and I have yet to find a gold item with this meter in the short time that I have used it. The jewellery was down around 5-6 inches in the dry sand. I have been using a 15inch wot coil for about three years. In the wet sand I dig our $1& $2coins between 10-13inches.the wot coil has plenty of depth and covers a lot of ground.All the best Stan from down under.