Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beach hunter 300

ROADKING

hay guys want to start hunting the water again what do you think of the Beach hunter300 tell me abought it.need your help thanks ROADKING

I like mine a lot. I find that I run mine in all metal about 80% of the time. It is more stable, does deeper and with the lights still IDing the target, any flash of red means iron garbage. It pin points very well.

I have mine on an aftermarket straight shaft.

The only problem I have is if I mount the control box at the farthest end of the shaft, where it's the best balanced, I cannot see the lights when hunting in all metal mode and it's harder to reach the knobs. If hunting in disriminated mode it's fine since that mode has tone ID.

All in all a great unit. I have been using it more than my Excal 1000 because it's lighter and balanced better.

You can sweep it at a pretty good pace or use it at a slower speed and it still works great. Ground balancing is easy too. The big coil gets to be a bear to swing by the end of the day, but that's me...I have some elbow and shoulder problems. The unit can be hip mounted too.

Hope this helps.

JC

Thanks it helps allot I have been fighting with wither or not xcal or beach hunter 300 I all so noticed the weight on the Excall .I like the simplicity of the beach hunter 300.I had a beach hunter I.D a year ago and should have not sold it.I think I will go back .Thanks you it helps ROADKING

I have the 9.5 coil on mine and it wears me out digging after some of the targets you hit in am mode! I can't imagine the depth with the 12 inch. As soon as it warms up here I'll be digging here on lake michigan.