Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beach Hunter 300

tailofdog

Just want some opinions. I want to use it in salt water and land. I dont mind a learning curve on settings and, am not concerend about black sand. (as most detectors have problems)
My wants are good depth and discrimination. Also important to me is how easy is it to use chest or hip mounted. By that i mean seeing the lights and weight on the arm with just the coil to swing.
I live in Australia so can't just play with one.

G/Day Tailofdog,

I use a BHID ocasionally on the South Coast beaches between Ulludulla and Eden. The BHID 300 is the same detector but with a 12 inch coil.

The detector works very well on dry sand all the way into the saltwater and maintains a very steady threshold. It detects deep enough but not as deep as say a Sov, Explorer or an Seahunter PI. with similar sized coil. It handles mild black sand concentrations quite well but does not like it when the Iron mineralisation is slightly high. It is what I concider to be light weight and so I have never hip or jest mounted mine.

The discrimination is fairly basic being three coloured lights and three tones which sort of mean: Bad, Maybe good, and Maybe very good but probable a Pull Tab.:biggrin: The lights need a fairly strong signal to give a positive hit on and the disc mode does not go as deep as the All Metal Mode.

The detector is as easy as to learn and has just , On/OFF...All Met/Disc....GB.....Sensitivity......Threshold.

I have used mine in play grounds , Parks n gardens and at the beach and she works fine, I find The BHID to be a pleasure to use at the beach because of the light weight, well balanced, smooth operation in and out of the water, and fairly good depth.