Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

beach hunter 300

patch

I just got a beach hunter 300 last Friday. went out for I-2 hrs.here's the problem after every target I check I have to adjust the threshold sound. if I walk 10 -30 feet same problem threshold noise disappears.do any of you have this same problem>thank you

patch said:
I just got a beach hunter 300 last Friday. went out for I-2 hrs.here's the problem after every target I check I have to adjust the threshold sound. if I walk 10 -30 feet same problem threshold noise disappears.do any of you have this same problem>thank you

patch,

Below is a conversation I had with the Whites West Coast Distributor Jimmy Sierra a while back as I was interested in the 300 BHID to add to my stable along with my Tesoro Sand Shark PI beach detector. I live on the West Coast, I don't know where your at but if your on the West Coast you may be interested in what they had to say about the Whites 300 BHID. I was a little disappointed with there response to me concerning my needs for a VLF beach detector for the West Coast beaches. I purchase a Fisher CZ-21 after the conversation below with Whites and some more research for what works on the West Coast beach's were I will be hunting

I talked on the phone with the main distributor For White's west coast. I called White's advertised phone number just five minutes ago and asked about the BHID 300. I was thinking of adding a VLF water proof detector to the heard for salt water beach use. To my surprise they did not recommend it at all for the salt water mineralized type beaches like here in California period and made that very clear to me. They said it works great for Florida, Hawaii and less mineralized salt water beaches and fresh water beaches as that's what is was designed for.They highly suggested the White's Duel Field for California or West Coast salt water beaches they also suggested the MXT that I had or just sold worked better here on the West Coast beaches but it is not water proof, oh well that's what they said no fooling.( and the MXT is a single frequency unit ??). I also ask and said I have heard the BHID 300 is a scaled down DFX in a water proof case with out the meter and all the adjust ability features. They said yes it was based in so many words on that technology but still again made it clear he did not recommend the BHID 300 at all for West Coast beach use and said I would not be happy and suggested the White Duel Field to me again.

What area or beach's are you hunting?? if your on the West Coast beach's the above mentioned may be some of your issues???

Happy Hunting All, :detecting:
Bill G

I've had my bh300 for a year and a half and I'm constantly having to adjust the knob. It has way too much drift (physical). I also have the problem of when I switch from all metal to disc I either can't hear the tone or its way too loud. I'm planning on sending mine in at the end of the year for whites to check out.

I CALLED THE FACTORY AND THEY REFERRED ME TO THE EAST COAST DISTRIBUTER. HE SAID IT DID NOT SOUND RIGHT TO HIM EITHER.HE SAID TALK TO THE DEALER AND IF HE THINKS SOMETHING IS WRONG HE WILL GIVE YOU A NEW ONE. MY DEALER DID ONE BETTER.HE GAVE ME 100% TRADE IN VALUE INCLUDING TAX,AND I BOUGHT A CZ-21. (FLORIDA) I GUESS I SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT THAT MACHINE TO START WITH.