Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beach Hunter ID supertune question

JaBo

On an old topic from 2009 Jackalope mentions the gobble gobble super tune for the BHID. Does anyone know what that is and how to tune the BHID that way? Thanks

Here's some info I pulled in from another source .... Take it for what its worth ....

Super Tuning is performing a ground balance on your detector per the manual, then switching to DISC mode and cranking the THRESHOLD knob all of the way clock wise.

The second part consists of adjusting the ground balance on those models that have an external balance control. Normally, this second adjustment means you adjust the GB such that when you lower the coil to the ground, the audio goes quiet when in the AM mode. This is done to compensate for the offset installed.
When in the Disc mode, one can simply turn the GB back while sweeping the coil close to the ground. Once you begin to hear "false" signals from the ground response because of the sweep, you have gone too far. Turn the GB back some from that point until all false signals just quit.

remember that the forum search tools are your friend.

try this post: http://www.findmall.com/read.php?26,1185391,1187593#msg-1187593

Thanks for the help in locating that post. I had tried to search through gobble gobble's messages, I guess I missed that one. Now its time try this way of tuning. Thanks again