Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beach Hunter ID users - sound off

DavHut

Been doing a little looking at a 2nd water unit to accompany my Tiger Shark. The White's BH ID got sort of overlooked by me until lately. This puppy sounds like a pretty nice dual salt/fresh model - at least thats how it's billed.

It also seems a fair compromise over the Excal - which is pricey. This is especially so when you consider I am primarily a freshie and only make the seashore a few times a year.

I read someones comments that the battery compartment seal is shoddy and weak - not good; scary even. A few other detractors, but nothing major - thats good.

One dude said he couldnt believe how many deep pulltabs it could find. Sheesh, what a dupe! THAT sounds like it works pretty well to me.

All that being said to say thi:
How do you BHID fans like yours and why?
What are some of it's downsides?
How do you see it as a dual fresh/salt water unit?

Thanks for all your piratey wisdom....arrgh!

I have a BHID & love it a great detector, I also have the 1000 excatibur also a great detector. But since I have gotten this new program which works GREAT, much more depth, the BH will be a summer , winter detector, to find those deep targets . I posted this program a few month ago so here it is again,

Beachhunter ID Tips for Significantly Increasing Depth.
1- turn on the BH & go through the normal set up (stepts 2 through 4)
2-set sens to pre-set with mode switch in disc mode.
3-turn threshold control to faint threshold
4-set mode switch to all-metal mode& ground balance machine normally
5-after ground balancing & while still in the all-metalmode, turn the sen. to max. the threshold will change to a high shrill.
6-hit the reset to return to a normal threshold
7-return to the all metal mode & re-do the ground balance. there will be a narrower window within which to balanceat this time
8-leave the mode swiych in all-metal mode & begin hunting. there will bea marked improvement in depth.
9-NOTE- there will no longer be tone identification between targets. However , the tagget identification lights will still be accurate.

This is my 2nd. BHID, Iwore the 1st one out, & never had a problem with the batt. door. Good Luck , you can't go wrong.

i had one last year,didnt like it....too heavy to shaft mount,and if you hip mount it on your left side and swing right handed as i do,you cant see the lights,they are on the bottom.might be ok if you mount it on your right side and swing left handed.if you hang it around youe neck Instant neck ache.it falses a lot (flash from one color light to another)and you dont know to dig or not to dig.you cannot adjust the discrimanation ,just have to trust the lights.and was not as good on depth as Fisher 1280X or Tiger Shark.but there are people that love it.

IT DOES FALSE, SO YOU JUST TURN THE SEN. DOWN ABIT IN DISC MODE ITS VERY SENITIVE. & ITS OK , YOU WILL NOT LOOSE ALOT OF DEPTH. I HUNT IN ALLMETAL IN THE WATER & WET SAND, I HAVE A ONE PC. FIBERGLASS SHAFT & CHEST MOUNT THE BOX, ONE BELT OVER YOUR NECK THE OTHER AROUND YOUR CHEST,THIS WAY THE BOX WONT FLOAT & YOU CAN ALWAYS SEE THE LIGHTS. THIS WORKS VERY GOOD FOR ME AT 62. GOOD LUCK & GOOD HUNTING,

Hey DavHut, I really love my BHID!!! Ok let me clear some things up for you. First the weight is good because the detector is well balanced (at least to me). I find the construction really solid and have no issues with the battery compartment! I can swing the detector for hours without fatigue with it mounted on the shaft. Yes the discrimination is the 3-color lights "BUT" you also have 3-tone ID in conjunction with it. The other thing is you can hunt in "all metal to depth" and STILL have the target lights to help you decide if to dig or not!!! I think between the three tones and the lights, the machine is pretty accurate in discriminate mode. I've hunted in parks and pulled up deep silver coins and jewelry! Also remember it's based on the same circuit as the DFX and we know how people like them! Since you have tone ID and almost every blue light is a coin, if you just want to search quick for coins only dig the high tone blue lights (I've done this and it works)! This detector has fast sweep speed and fast recovery speed in trash!!! IMHO, at the beach you should be glad to dig pull tabs as these fall in the gold ring range and if you don't dig them you're not getting all the gold! Oh one other thing, this machine is amazing in fresh water (super sensitive to small targets) and you'll dig holes deeper than you want! I've dug old deep silver coins from worked out areas too. Well this is how I feel about the BHID, HH

proper mounting should not bother your neck at all...in deep water let the box hang on neck so it floats in front of you to see ID lights with ease!!!falsing is just some easy adjustments...this detector is super sensitve!! it hits on tiny stuff!! a times if you hunt too close to radio transmitters or transformers you can get some interfearence.It takes a little time to learn but well worth the time!! I will never part with mine until whites comes up with something better!!