Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beach Hunter ID

bradwheat1972

Howdy,

I just picked up a new never used White's Beach Hunter ID. However when I got it the latch for the battery compartment door was missing and it does not have the orange seal. I don't think the previous owners knew what they were doing as the O-rings for the coil mount were on the outside instead of in the recesses and apparently broke the latch for the battery compartment. Otherwise everything seems to work fine. I am typically not a water hunter, but I would like to add it to my skill set. I won't get it submerged until I get a new battery compartment door or latch and the orange seal. I will probably primarily hunt fresh water, but we do get to the beach on occasion. I have used my CZ5 for that, but can't get in the water with that. beast. I am sad though that Whites is no longer around. Shows you how long I have been out of touch with things. Anybody use or have used a Beach Hunter ID, mainly what I am looking for is its performance on beach/surf. Thanks in advance and HH!

Brad

Howdy,

I just picked up a new never used White's Beach Hunter ID. However when I got it the latch for the battery compartment door was missing and it does not have the orange seal. I don't think the previous owners knew what they were doing as the O-rings for the coil mount were on the outside instead of in the recesses and apparently broke the latch for the battery compartment. Otherwise everything seems to work fine. I am typically not a water hunter, but I would like to add it to my skill set. I won't get it submerged until I get a new battery compartment door or latch and the orange seal. I will probably primarily hunt fresh water, but we do get to the beach on occasion. I have used my CZ5 for that, but can't get in the water with that. beast. I am sad though that Whites is no longer around. Shows you how long I have been out of touch with things. Anybody use or have used a Beach Hunter ID, mainly what I am looking for is its performance on beach/surf. Thanks in advance and HH!

Brad
The Beach hunter is a great duel frequency detector for the surf & beach. Light weight, easy to set up and use.. Transitions from wet sand to dry without fuss. The disc ID lights are generally ok but like most tid systems they can be inaccurate at times depending on the mineralisation. It Achieves good depth in wet and dry sand. Depending on the model the coil can be a bit buoyant.You should enjoy this detector because it is a hassle free no fuss machine that gets good results.

Howdy,

Brad
Whites beach detectors are super fine :thumbup:

Sounds a wee bit strange that a new never used machine would be missing parts. It is a great water detector. If your on the East coast contact Centerville Electronics in Manassas Va. They are handling repair work for Whites detectors. Not sure, but you may have to have them replace the seal. Good luck.