Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beach hunting boots or shoes? Need some suggestions....:shrug:

khouse

The last two times I went beach hunting I had cheap swim shoes. They got filled with sand and wore my feet out! I've been looking at hard sole Scuba boots now. What do you suggest?

I've been happy with these so far....under $50.00 with discount at checkout & free shipping.
http://www.shoebuy.com/neosport-wetsuits-5mm-hard-sole-boot/465476

I use lug sole wading boots.

I've been hunting barefoot for the past 4 yrs...last July alone I estimate I walked 100 miles barefoot in the sand and water....surely bare feet are the best for going through the sand, BUT, you know you are living on borrowed time doing this...what with all the glass we dig up and all..especially when a guy finds a great deep cut, theres bottlebottoms and all that. I like those boots that Bob posted...I'm gonna get me some of those!...the price is cheaper on that site than on scuba.com..thanks!:clapping:
Mud

NEOSPORT DIVING BOOTS VERY COMFORTABLE,BUT IF YOU BUYGET SIZE BIGGER THAN YOU NORMALLY WEAR..SKETCHER TENNIS SHOES ARE ALSO VERY COMFORTABLE. YOU CAN WEAR SOCKS OR NOT WITH EITHER.GOOD LUCK.

I bought the below-ankle neoprene boots and the sand got inside right away. They were a no-go. Gotta get the above-ankle boots if you want to keep out the sand. That's what I use now and all is well. I use the NeoSport brand - they were cheap. Just realize that the size is off. I wear size 12 and had to buy a 14 boot to get the equivalent size. You can also get some neoprene socks to wear inside the boots if you want more comfort.

Johnnyanglo

Hi Kenny, Harold here I hunt the salt water all the time and use the high top diver boots with a zipper on the side and hard bottoms because of when digging with the waterscoop it's easyier on your foot, that's my choice. Harold

Harold in Fla. said:
Hi Kenny, Harold here I hunt the salt water all the time and use the high top diver boots with a zipper on the side and hard bottoms because of when digging with the waterscoop it's easyier on your foot, that's my choice. Harold

Hey Harold - hows it going? Thanks for the info. Yesterday I pulled the trigger on some cheaper Neo Sport hard sole boots. I think I made the mistake of not getting a size larger than I normally wear and I didn't get the above ankle zipper boot. So I guess I'll have to live with it this time? I will learn from this purchase and make adjustments for the next time I return to the beach which will be in another 8 plus years! LOL

Hey Mowerdog, if those boots are too tight, your feet will cramp up to be danged! :stretcher:

Just gonna throw this out there since its getting close to your departure date, if they are, send them back...the right size might not have enough time to get to you before you leave, but if you can find a dive shop near where you are going, sometimes they have used booties and whatnot for sale, my dive shop up here has used gear all the time, including booties...so that might save your trip..google up some dive shops near where you are staying ahead of time to find them, and then call to see if they have used/new booties for sale, and what size maybe? Dont try to make due with footwear that is too tight...it will make your experience a living hell...I want to see you maximize your trip and bring home some big gold for us to see! If you find the right dive shop and get to talking, maybe one of those guys will even haul you out by boat to a fabulous sandbar where all the rich people gunkhole and drink? Work your magic buddy!:clap:
Mud

These are very similar to the wader boots I use, "ForEverlast Ray-Guard Men's Reef Boots" http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/foreverlast-ray-guard-men-s-reef-boots/pid-14427?color=Tan&N=828133480&Ntt=wading+boots&Ntk=All

mudpuppy said:
Hey Mowerdog, if those boots are too tight, your feet will cramp up to be danged! :stretcher:

Just gonna throw this out there since its getting close to your departure date, if they are, send them back...the right size might not have enough time to get to you before you leave, but if you can find a dive shop near where you are going, sometimes they have used booties and whatnot for sale, my dive shop up here has used gear all the time, including booties...so that might save your trip..google up some dive shops near where you are staying ahead of time to find them, and then call to see if they have used/new booties for sale, and what size maybe? Dont try to make due with footwear that is too tight...it will make your experience a living hell...I want to see you maximize your trip and bring home some big gold for us to see! If you find the right dive shop and get to talking, maybe one of those guys will even haul you out by boat to a fabulous sandbar where all the rich people gunkhole and drink? Work your magic buddy!:clap:
Mud

What's worry me now is I don't know what "Gunkhole" is? But I tell you what - I ain't going to drop my bar of soap out at that sand bar! :yikes:

I bought these and got them for $27 with a coupon and are great
http://www.afterschool.com/p/neosport-adult-premium-neoprene-5mm-hi-top-boot-381453?vid=VAjev%2bwDeLafsGDD13YgmMVDAyILYtZv5tiIczjWalY%3d

well you'll know the next time Kenny, most of us have to learn that way, I use to use the lower one myself but always had a sand fill of shoes, and that would cut up your feet from the sand grinding in your shoes, well it was great hearing from ya again, Harold

Maybe the sand will grind down my calluses! :rofl: I only get to Florida every 8 years on average. I'll have plenty of time to get the right shoes for my next trip.