Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beach hunting shoes

Rocknut88

Hey yall, in search of suggestions on beach hunting shoes that will be good for both water, wet and dry sand. I have some issues with my feet that make it painful to wear sandals or flip flops. Preferably looking for something that keeps the shells out and sand to a minimum and hopefully has some arch support as well. Thank you all in advance for your suggestions!!!

Do You Mean Surf Shoes???
sf1.jpg
sf2.png

Ive been using NRS ATB wetshoes and love them; however they discontinued them and I'm using aquaseal to prolong the life of the pair I have now until I find a good replacement.
About a year ago saw a recommendation for Mares boots, but have not really looked at them yet. I see that NRS does have a new version for more money than the old ones were (of course).

After having knee replacement, my feet were VERY swollen. I found that Croc's worked very well in wet & dry sand.
I wear a pair of volleyball sox called Sand socks. They keep out 99% of the sand and there's no rubbing. They are very thin nylon sox.
I found them on the beach one day !!!

Has been my 'go to' foot wear for the lats 5 years !!!

HH
Donna(NJ)

Ive been using NRS ATB wetshoes and love them; however they discontinued them and I'm using aquaseal to prolong the life of the pair I have now until I find a good replacement.
About a year ago saw a recommendation for Mares boots, but have not really looked at them yet. I see that NRS does have a new version for more money than the old ones were (of course).
WOW, the new version of these boots is impressive... so is the price ! Sticker shock for sure, it has been some time since I bought mine, like everything else price increases..

Will definitely check them out. I've been considering a pair of the Nrs boundary boots for kayak fishing so may get those and go dual purpose. How are they for keeping sand out?

WOW, the new version of these boots is impressive... so is the price ! Sticker shock for sure, it has been some time since I bought mine, like everything else price increases..
Mark, the neoprene boots I bought get bad smell after they dry out. I stopped using them. Do these have similar issue?
Tony
Will definitely check them out. I've been considering a pair of the Nrs boundary boots for kayak fishing so may get those and go dual purpose. How are they for keeping sand out?

How long do these shoes last ??? If you get 5 or 6 years out of em... 80.00 seem like a done deal... The walking shoes I buy for my work cost 120.00... But I get 3 years out of em before they start to give out...

How long do these shoes last ??? If you get 5 or 6 years out of em... 80.00 seem like a done deal... The walking shoes I buy for my work cost 120.00... But I get 3 years out of em before they start to give out...
I guess its dependent on how often there worn. If you water hunt and sand hunt 30-40 times a yrs or more, longevity is maybe 2-3 seasons i'm guessing. ( And thats just a guess ). I've had mine for YRS, but they dont see much action anymore.

Pretty good. I wear socks in them to keep my toes from rubbing. I tried regular dive boots and got lots of sand and pebbles in them. With the NRS ATB wetshoes, with a lot of water movement some sand gets in but not a lot; the pebbles stay out. One big thing for me is they have pretty good arch support. That helps keep the plantar fasciitis from flaring up.

Pretty good. I wear socks in them to keep my toes from rubbing. I tried regular dive boots and got lots of sand and pebbles in them. With the NRS ATB wetshoes, with a lot of water movement some sand gets in but not a lot; the pebbles stay out. One big thing for me is they have pretty good arch support. That helps keep the plantar fasciitis from flaring up.
Oh that's great to hear. If I wear my sandals on more than a 3 hr hunt my right hip hurts so bad I can barely walk on top of my toe nail issues which is why I'm looking for closed toe shoes.

Mark, the neoprene boots I bought get bad smell after they dry out. I stopped using them. Do these have similar issue?
When I was hunting the Chesapeake bay and tributaries they got a little smelly until they dried out and every now and then would stink after drying, but a dose of Gear Aid Revivex Odor Eliminator (previously sold as McNett Mirazyme) or Sink the Stink Gear Deodorizer clears it up. Have not had them stink in clearer water. Some of the discussions on other places had some people say thin neoprene stinks more than thick neoprene with the cut off around 5 mm. Less and they stink, thicker, not so much. I have not worked on verifying that, but read a half dozen or so water hunters swear you needed to go 5 or 6 mm to get past the stink.

So I decided to go with the NRS boundary boots after trying on my dad's, the are really light weight and don't fit extremely tight. I'll be able to use them for kayak fishing in the winter as well. Thanks for all the recommendations may still consider a pair of the ATB wetshoes if there isn't enough ankle support in the boudarys

I prefer these that you can get at a dive shop.
Extremely light and waterproof past your ankles. Great for keeping out sand, shells etc out with the added hight.
Feels like you are barefoot with the added protection

Attachments

• IMG_3251.jpeg
    IMG_3251.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_3252.jpeg
    IMG_3252.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 95