Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beach hunting with CZ 21

Gerry

Just bought my CZ 21, do most of you water beach hunters hunt with the machine on your belt or on the shaft. I was testing it on my test patch and was surprised on the weight of the machine.

Gerry

I have used it on the shaft but it tends to get heavy after an hour or 2 so I made a sling harness.If I am at the river I just leave it on the shaft as it is pretty light underwater waist deep or so.

I've got mine on an Anderson shaft. I hunt exclusively in the water where weight is not an issue. In fact, in water past the control box the unit has slight positive buoyancy.

Its heavy and bulky on land and made for the water where these issues are overcome by the water buoyancy.
Get a hold of a land CZ and hip or chest mount and your good to go for hours...

What I have to say in applicable to water hunting.

I think everyone else I have hunted with belt mounted theirs. I noticed they have fairly frequent leak problems at the point the coil wire goes into the machine. This is, I believe, do to the stress of tugging as the coil swings or is dropped on occation while digging.

I have never belt mounted, only shaft and have never had a problem with leaks there.

I have a modified shaft mount for mine that really balances the weight so it is not nearly so noticeable. And agreeing with the previous poster I don't use the pinpoint button no that is not an issue. I've attached a pic of it.

Nice looking set up Bleaver.

Shaft mount mine too. Tried hip mount and did not like it. Worst thing for me was getting knocked over by waves and getting wrapped up in the cable. The cable doesn't get wrapped up around me like that when mounted on the shaft. If I need to abandon the detector I can with the straight shaft. Thankfully I have not had to do so, but I'd much rather abandon the detector and live than stay attached to it, wrapped up, and not.
tvr

PS Mine is a CZ20 with pinpoint button removed. No leak issues yet, (knock on wood!)

Have never used it any other way in 8 years...no weight on arm...no water drag and have never had a problem. And as Reeseb pointed out...it goes positive bouyancy in water. Used mine Saturday...here are my keepers.

When chest mounting (bandoleer style) I put the coil cable into the coils of the headphone wire, leaving slack between where it touches and the control box. If something snags on the coil wire, the headphone cable stretches like it's designed, works well.