Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beach hunting

I am considering spending a month or two in Florida after Christmas. I am looking for suggestions on where to go or where to stay or any other suggestions you might have. I prefer beach hunting, so I would like to be close to the beach. I use a sov and an Excal. Thanks for you help. Charles

Are you expecting a Florida hunter to tell you where his hotspots are? Florida is hunted to death. Nobody there is willing to give you a good spot. Just go, have fun and look for populated beaches. You have a chance to find gold anywhere along the shoreline.

Junklord, Why the panhandle?? I thought the water would be the best place to hunt.

Charles in Va said:
I am considering spending a month or two in Florida after Christmas. I am looking for suggestions on where to go or where to stay or any other suggestions you might have. I prefer beach hunting, so I would like to be close to the beach. I use a sov and an Excal. Thanks for you help. Charles

Since I'm stuck up here in Michigan this Winter I have no problems saying that the beaches along Longboat Key up to Ana Maria Island are my favorite :super:. I lived in the area between 2004 and 2006, but that was before I owned a detector so I can't speak for the quality of the finds. There are lots of nice seasonal rentals on Ana Maria and if you're looking to save a bit of money the crummy real estate market has led to some very affordable rentals in nearby West Bradenton. The area offers very good access (Especially along the North end of the barrier islands) and most beaches offer free parking. There's a trolley service along the length of the coast as well.

If you don't have any luck there it's only about a half hour South to Siesta Key and about an hour to the Clearwater beaches to the North.:detecting:

I'm going to Hiltonhead in Sept. any idea which part of the beach is more likely to have rings, the upper dry area near the umbrellas or down at the water point where women sit and play with their kids

Hi Larry, I have never hunted Hilton Head. Where I do most of my beach hunting is Myrtle Beach. The conditions there are very bad now it is all sanded in. When I hunt I usually start about one or two hours before low tide and follow the tide out and in. If the water is not to rough I also hunt in the water. Sept is a long time off things will change by then. HH Charles