Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beach Hunting

James02

I am going to Pismo beach next month. It will e my first opportunity to use the Scorpion on the beach. i would appreciate any suggestions and tips from the forum. Thanks - Jim

Run in All Metal and Auto with sensitivity set to whatever gives the best threshold stability.
You can try Disc mode on the dry sand but in the wet it may not be too flash.
You can try the TR Mode and use the disc control like a GB control to reduce the effects of the salty sand.. (If there is a signal when coil is lowered to the sand, Increase disc. If signal goes silent then decrease disc until smooth operation is obtained) adjustment is oposite to how the GB is adjusted.It may or may not work but is worth a try because good depth can be obtained in the TR mode if the threshold can be kept steady.

I grew up with BFO and VLF/TR Discriminator detectors. My Scorp is is my favorite of type . This detector will talk to you if you take the time to learn its language. Everything you need to know about VLF/TR Disc metal detecting you will learn through mastering the Scorpion.