Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Beach hunting

atomicwayne

Hi all I live here on the West Coast of Florida I was wondering how many people Hunt the salt water beaches with their xterra metal detectors?dry sand or wet sand? I have a Excalibur and a 705. Both new to me . Which would you use if you had the choice?i got the xterra 705 last weekend so it has not been to the beach yet.

If you have an Xcal don't waste your time trying to use the Xterra in the wet. Use the Xcal.
The 705 with the HF DD elliptical is great setup in the dry.
Where are you on FL west coast?....I'm in St.Pete

Hi Bob I am in treasure island.Just getting back into the hobby. Just took a short hunt to the beach and it is doable at night. Maybe we will run into each other some time.have you done any good lately?

Too much going on with other priorities right now, been in the water a few times after a good west blow to stir things up, got a few keepers. Still hitting the beach a couple times / couple hours a week, but not much except pocket change.

atomicwayne said:
I am in treasure island.Just getting back into the hobby.

I don't live in that area but I did some work at the Bilmar Beach Resort a few years ago. Unfortunately I didn't have my detector with me. Probably a good area for some nice jewelry finds. Good luck!